• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

KM2 Update

Heads up gang, I ran Barrett Lake last weekend. One of the guys in the group with a JK sliced the sidewall in less than 2 tenths of a mile in to the trail. I though BFG said the reinforced the sidewalls? This was his second run on the KM2s.

kcjeep6 said:
Heads up gang, I ran Barrett Lake last weekend. One of the guys in the group with a JK sliced the sidewall in less than 2 tenths of a mile in to the trail. I though BFG said the reinforced the sidewalls? This was his second run on the KM2s.
That doesn't really mean anything to me, that trail has some tame sections and hard sections. Was it at a tricky spot, or did the driver do something stupid? Any tire will slice if you put it in the correct situation. Pics would be helpful.

BFG has never had a good reputation for sidewalls. Radials in general have a weaker sidewall. The tread looks pretty nasty...but it is a radial. It should work great for 75%+ of the people who wheel.

It may have been driver error. I did not see how it was cut, it was not a very big cut but the tire was done.
My Yokohama’s are only 2 ply sidewalls and have never failed me and believe me I make a lot of errors.

sounds like bad luck to me too. The tread on those do look nasty though

Red97XJ said:
I really like the KM2's look, anybody else that has them have anything to say?
I like turtles...

The tires came in today and I started to mount one of the wheels, I hope to have them mounted and on the jeep this weekend.

HPIM0414.jpg

HPIM0413.jpg

I've had mine for about a week and a half and i love them so far. They're my first mud tire but they ride really good in my opinion and have gotten me through everything ive thrown at them so far

oh and ive got 31s

1 want a set of 40x14.50x17 km2

I am hoping the booths at the 4WP Jamboree have them this weekend, I may come home with some 35's

just kicked out a set of these at my shop
the 35" flavor...
the compound is REALLY soft....i imagine they will grip really well..but concerned with how soft the sidewalls are...not sure if i will be going to these tires next or not....

Yeah I'm concerned about the tread life of these. My rig is still a DD so I don't want to spend $800-$1000 on a set of tires and have them only last 15k miles.

I like them. The compound is pretty soft but the sidewalls are a lot thicker than some radials I've had my hands on. MTZs for example. I wheeled rocks on ATs for two years without any real issues so that's where I'm at with that.

Back