• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Keep blowing front ujoint...

any chance you can take a picture and point out exactly which parts you are having problems with??? that way we can figure out what that "thing for the axle" is???

i'm thinking your pinion angle may be incorrect and you are overstressing the u-joint that way.

Looking at the pix. I say you were in full time? If so all torque goes to the front wheels when they leave the ground. Wheels spin wildly at this time. When traction returns to them they all but stop. but engine torque and centrifugal force continue to twist the shaft. Something has to give. If all this is true. Your lucky it's U giving it up. This other reason listed above may be working together to keep you under your XJ and not in it.
Fix or replace shaft if needed.
Improve piston angle if needed.
Use part time to control wheel spin.
Ease up on the gas a bit when you grab some air.

Last edited:
WPG98XJ said:
where the driveshaft meets the front axle sorry :)

maybe I really buggered something up when I broke both my front upper control arms... who knows.
What I do know is my front end atm sucks buttox and is sketchy and I don't like it.

At the yoke?

Your pinion angle is wrong. Simple.

Yes you did bugger something up when you broke the UCA's.

Back