• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just got rolled for my tires sticking out too far

Atl-Atl

NAXJA Forum User
Well that didn't take long. 3 days to be exact. 3 days since I ditched my fender flares and trimmed my fenders and I have already been pulled over for my tires sticking out too far. Such crap, the law is 2" in Wisconsin. Cop busted out a frickin ruler!

I only got a warning, no ticket, not even a fix it ticket. Funny thing is I had a coworker from Sweden in my Jeep. First time in the states, been here for 4 days, wants to ride in the "big Jeep" that he jokingly "jumps" into. First thing he says is "don't the police have more important things to do?"

Welcome to America from Madisons finest.

Shocked :eek:

So what did you do to attract the attention of Madison's Finest? I figured the State Patrol would have got you first :D

They don't seem to bother anyone on this side of the state. How far do they stick out?

According to his ruler with an eyeball guess in the dark with a flashlight he laughed really hard and said 6"

Shocked :eek:

So what did you do to attract the attention of Madison's Finest? I figured the State Patrol would have got you first :D

Nothing at all, for once I didn't even have the music loud.

He said 6", but how far (just guessing) do they stick out? Time for Bushwhacker flares?

He said 6", but how far (just guessing) do they stick out? Time for Bushwhacker flares?

The fronts probably are 6" the rears are less, maybe 3" or 4". Screw flares they are ugly, break easily offroad and I never want to run them. Time to get a different daily driver.

Well that didn't take long. 3 days to be exact. 3 days since I ditched my fender flares and trimmed my fenders and I have already been pulled over for my tires sticking out too far. Such crap, the law is 2" in Wisconsin. Cop busted out a frickin ruler!

I only got a warning, no ticket, not even a fix it ticket. Funny thing is I had a coworker from Sweden in my Jeep. First time in the states, been here for 4 days, wants to ride in the "big Jeep" that he jokingly "jumps" into. First thing he says is "don't the police have more important things to do?"

Welcome to America from Madisons finest.

You didn't get a ticket? Not even a written warning? And you're still b*tching???

You're right, cops should ignore you breaking the law to go mess with someone else that's breaking the law :rolleyes:

Tires can kick up debris off the road and cause hazards.

You prolly found the only officer on that department that cares about that kind of stuff.

mac 'yes i know there are murders that need to be arrested too' gyvr

The fronts probably are 6" the rears are less, maybe 3" or 4". Screw flares they are ugly, break easily offroad and I never want to run them. Time to get a different daily driver.

I love Indiana! :D

Josh did the new Bushwackers and said they're really nice, and seem about a million times stouter than the old ones.

of course the obvious solution is to just get a tow rig and a daily driver and stop driving your jeep on the road.

the downside is that you'll always have a broken jeep in your driveway.

I hope someone at winterfest has those bwacker flat flares for me to peep. They are the only thing close to a flare I would like but I may have cut too much fender for them to fit easily. I'll hopefully have a dd soon so it shouldn't be a problem.

Those are sweet looking. To handle Revs run they'd probably need to be tied into some sort of cage haha.

Back