• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just bought overhead computer console for my 00 XJ. Any tips?

I know this is old.

Does anyone have any of these write-ups saved? Everything here is no longer available.

+1, I need the info also, I just picked up a console out of a 99XJ.
It came with a harness that the seller stated is good for use in 99-01 Xj's.

I would greatly appreciate the writ-ups before I start the install!

If you want to PM your email, I still have all the info from my old site. Install & wiring diagrams and such.

I can give you a place to host them (though I give no guarantee it'll stay around in the future, my site is somewhat in flux) - or you can put them somewhere and hopefully the FAQ/howto team here will convert them to PDF and put them in the writeup section!

:thumbup:

Thanks for the offer. I personally do not have the time to maintain a site or the desire at this point but I am happy to forward my files to share as long as I'm given proper credit for them.

I am almost certain the files put in the FAQ/writeup section are left in original form except for being proofread (maybe) and converted to PDF - I'd say to do that personally, NAXJA is probably more reliable than I am :D

I can give you a place to host them (though I give no guarantee it'll stay around in the future, my site is somewhat in flux) - or you can put them somewhere and hopefully the FAQ/howto team here will convert them to PDF and put them in the writeup section!

:thumbup:

I have my own server and I am willing to keep them the files up indefinitely if that helps.

I have an 00 xj sport, that came w/out OH console. I bought one from a 00 xj, and I got the harness with it. I also got the bracket from the dealership. I'm hoping that all I'll need to do is cut the liner, and just connect the harness. I've read through this thread carefully, and I think I'm correct on that. Is that the case? Thanks.

I have an 00 xj sport, that came w/out OH console. I bought one from a 00 xj, and I got the harness with it. I also got the bracket from the dealership. I'm hoping that all I'll need to do is cut the liner, and just connect the harness. I've read through this thread carefully, and I think I'm correct on that. Is that the case? Thanks.

Also, if you have the remote unlock, remove the little board out of your existing light console and swap into the "new" overhead console. That way you won't have to get them reprogrammed.

Anybody interested in a OHC for 97-01? see my thread: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1028636

Last edited:
Also, if you have the remote unlock, remove the little board out of your existing light console and swap into the "new" overhead console. That way you won't have to get them reprogrammed.

I was told the unluck/lock code is saved in the jeep's computer not in the receiver inside the overhead light console. But maybe not ?

I will send the write up to you and let me know if you need any help. The mounting brack is OEM part number 55352518AB and it should not cost much. I live out in the western suburbs of Chicago in St. Charles. The pic was taken when I installed the console back in June.
Alex

Anywhere else you can get the bracket? I need one for my 98 and I called the dealer this AM and they said it's listed as NS3, which means, no longer serviced by Chrysler and he showed no listing for a replacement!

Front bracket or rear?

Rear bracket is reportedly the same one used on the Chrysler minivans with an OHC. You may have to mount it "backwards" but it's the same stamping. I believe the same plastic frame is actually used on the minivans as the XJ, just the OHC module itself is different (can anyone verify?)

I'm not sure if the front bracket is compatible or not, take a look at it.

Well, allthingsjeep.com refunded my money saying it was no longer available, so I ordered one from JeeperzCreeperz, and will be here tomorrow! Now, I have a question....since my 98XJ was not equipped with the OHC, will the temp sensor be their or do I need to buy one? If it is there, where should I look? Can anyone specifically tell me where it is located?

The wires are there 97-01, you need to install the temp sensor. It is located in the middle of the front cross member, behind the bumper.

If you can't get an XJ temp sensor, you can yank one off a ZJ I believe. They're behind the grille on the ZJs and I tend to like the way they are built a bit more - the bracket is molded plastic and it's much easier to get to.

Ok so I got the rear bracket in...I can't believe I paid for this...is it even right?? It's a square piece of metal with 2 holes in it it's about 2 inches in square and it has the word rear with an arrow stamped in it and the holes are drilled diagonally to eachother...sound right??

It should look like this:

dsc04476.jpg

Back