• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just a feeler

Status
Not open for further replies.

woody431

NAXJA Forum User
So Im trying to throw a feeler out there for a guy I might be teaming up with in business..

Is there any demand around here, Springfield IL area for custom fabrication? His shop is located right in the middle of Virden, 5000sq ft, 3 actual shops, all connected.

First shop contains two lifts, 3 benders, 3 welders, bandsaws, coldsaw, tubing notcher, Flexarm (tapping arm), full exhaust capibilities as well

Second shop contains full metalworking tools, bead roller, english wheel, hammer, etc..

Third shop has two CNC lathes, one CNC mill, 9' manual lathe..

Paintbooth as well

Hes got a 30 ton press on the way as well as a horizontal mill with splining capibilities, and a large surface grinder.. Ironworker is probably the next buy.

The CNC stuff is what we're still getting into, so nothing major from them yet..Steering arms and whatnot but thats about it.

Custom fabrication is the specialty, one off stuff, cages, bumpers. Also a dealer for tires, rims, OEM parts, etc etc..

Im not trying to pimp any parts here or steal business, etc. just trying to get him a little more enthused on the situation if I could round up some business. Ill get some pics up of the shop tomorrow when I go up there. Im going to be working on getting some more manufacturers to deal with. The guy that runs the shop is quite the character, extremely talented and hes very organized, shop is meticulously cleaned..So just interested in some feedback from guys in this area..not limited to Jeeps either

Name will be back in red soon and if things work out, the other color..whatever vendors are :p

You could make some money, but there already is quite a few companies that already do very similar stuff.

It sounds like he has the perfect facilities to start such a business, just realize how much competition there is out there.

Im mainly talking for locals, people who dont want to wait for west coast parts etc. More of a bring your rig in say what you want type thing..

Im mainly talking for locals, people who dont want to wait for west coast parts etc. More of a bring your rig in say what you want type thing..

O so more of a custom fabrication sort of deal instead of just mass producing after market parts?

Sounds good.

2ihw3z5.jpg

1zoyibp.jpg

2f0egcn.jpg

nvtstg.jpg

15fsqpf.jpg

t9f5gy.jpg

v42tqt.jpg

6690d2.jpg

35d2t0k.jpg

Heres some pics of the shop, you can see the tubing notcher he built in pic number 2, the new 16' bender we got in pic 5..converting it to hydraulic right now.

will he hire a grease monkey? id love to work there, hell i grew up in that area so it wont be a stranger area for me! :D

looks awesome for a shop

If you do it, you could try and make it a place that MW 'n00bs' could go for help or anyone really that do not have the proper place or tools to do things... Could also be a good spot for unofficial events/ M&Gs....

i am looking to build a hybrid exo cage for my XJ, if the prices are reasonable i would be willing to drive out there and help with the build, if its a decent amount cheaper then buying my own welder and tubing bender

Sure, we can do that. We can supply tubing, bending, welding, anything else. PM me if you are interested. We can bend anything you need and can supply whatever type of material you want to use, DOM, HREW, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back