• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

junkyards in pa

Spanky88

NAXJA Forum User
im tryin to find some junkyards in the south central pa area and i figured id ask here. might as well try to turn it into a list ofall the yards the pa guys use and possibly some examples of prices, customer service and how the pickins are. i cant seem to find any that will let you go in the yard they all want to get the stuff for you. any help would be apresiated.:helpme:

Try over on www.bmja.org, I'm not familiar with whats in the philly area, bunch of them up here north of Allentown though.

I don't like telling people my stomping grounds but I know of one not too far from you. Eickleburgs (I thinks the name) in New Salem. It has a few Xj's and some other goodies out there. Just don't go when its wet. The place is a mud pit. From Spring grove on 116 I believe right after Gladfelter Paper and before a dumpy garage thats closed down at a bend in the road there is an intersection with two more roads comming up to 116 turn on the first road and follow that until you come to a T. You should see an Organic store and a cemetary on your right and a church on your left. Turn left and go through the little town. On your left will be a road that goes down hill a little, that's the one you want and its before your road has a Y in it (at the Y the road your on veers right and the other continues straight). I'm not sure the name of this road but if you go down that road a little(couple hundred yards) you'll see the JY parking lot. If your feeling adventurous or can find actual directions (sorry best I can give) go exploring the area. Once you find it it's pretty simple to get too. I used to go every saturday morning just to see what they got. I sinced moved away and don't get to go down there too often. It's packed tight in there and hard to move around at times but they have a good selection most of the time. Also don't have too many tools out at once. There's a lot of people there that are ill prepared and want to barrow your tools. I don't mind helping someone but if I'm in the middle of pulling something I don't like letting a stranger walk off with my tools. Hope that helps.

i couldnt findanything on that site, maybe i wasnt lookin in the right spot?

No, what I meant was post that question over there, about 3/4 of the members are reading and points south.

new ringgold and harrys in hazelton

new ringgold and harrys in hazelton

Isn't there a Harrys south of Allentown off the turnpike. I remember seeing some signs on the ne extension and it was not for Hazleton.
The one in New Ringold has the best spread of XJ's though.

Isn't there a Harrys south of Allentown off the turnpike. I remember seeing some signs on the ne extension and it was not for Hazleton.
The one in New Ringold has the best spread of XJ's though.

Yes the harrys in quakertown is half the size if they had 10 xj's I'd be surprised, but they are a viable option. New ringgold will most likely have 40-50 for sure. Usually everyone is after the same stuff though so its hardest to find OEM skid plates, 4:10 gears, ZJ steering, most common junk yard mods, but every now and then it works out.

im tryin to find some junkyards in the south central pa area and i figured id ask here. might as well try to turn it into a list ofall the yards the pa guys use and possibly some examples of prices, customer service and how the pickins are. i cant seem to find any that will let you go in the yard they all want to get the stuff for you. any help would be apresiated.:helpme:

If you're looking for a jeep graveyard there is one in Dover, just north of york. It's called Rodneys. Good selection at a decent price.

I don't like telling people my stomping grounds but I know of one not too far from you. Eickleburgs (I thinks the name) in New Salem. It has a few Xj's and some other goodies out there. Just don't go when its wet. The place is a mud pit. From Spring grove on 116 I believe right after Gladfelter Paper and before a dumpy garage thats closed down at a bend in the road there is an intersection with two more roads comming up to 116 turn on the first road and follow that until you come to a T. You should see an Organic store and a cemetary on your right and a church on your left. Turn left and go through the little town. On your left will be a road that goes down hill a little, that's the one you want and its before your road has a Y in it (at the Y the road your on veers right and the other continues straight). I'm not sure the name of this road but if you go down that road a little(couple hundred yards) you'll see the JY parking lot. If your feeling adventurous or can find actual directions (sorry best I can give) go exploring the area. Once you find it it's pretty simple to get too. I used to go every saturday morning just to see what they got. I sinced moved away and don't get to go down there too often. It's packed tight in there and hard to move around at times but they have a good selection most of the time. Also don't have too many tools out at once. There's a lot of people there that are ill prepared and want to barrow your tools. I don't mind helping someone but if I'm in the middle of pulling something I don't like letting a stranger walk off with my tools. Hope that helps.

damn mutant you must be seriously close to me as i live like 10 minutes from eichelbegers. I graduated with the owners son.

I'm 2 hours away right now. I used to live in New Oxford, York, and Redlion. Now I'm up north. Oh stay away from Rodneys! The guy is a tool. I went in asking for TJ flairs and he told me $35 a corner. He thinks his stuff is gold and I heard of a few other people paying way too much for cheap parts I could of got them at the JY.

I'm going to agree with MutantXJ in that Eichelbergers in New Salem is a decent place. Was up there on Saturday and they had probably 20 Xjs and about the same number of ZJs. They even had 3 or 4 YJs.

shorty and daves 11 miles west off philly. tons of xj's and few mj's

If a ton means 10 I guess thats what your saying, and the xj's there are completly raped 10x over dont waste your time.

ehh i find everything i need there.

cool, I think it sucks, the jeeps are so close together, most are sitting on the axles with the wheels off, which makes work under dirty, unsafe etc & instead of interiors they are just full of garbage. They will ocassionally move something for you but their forklift is barley running & they are all assholes.

...hmmm....I miss PA....maybe someday I'll move back to Carlisle :D

cool, I think it sucks, the jeeps are so close together, most are sitting on the axles with the wheels off, which makes work under dirty, unsafe etc & instead of interiors they are just full of garbage. They will ocassionally move something for you but their forklift is barley running & they are all assholes.

heh, yeah well, Half of both of my jeeps are from Shorty' n Daves.
I guess that's why they are all so picked over..
But hey, They rotate one about every week so, if you go often enough there is fresh meat... and its mostly cheap!

I hear tell, there are two other places around one just north of pottstown, and one in denver/ephrata area... I have not found either, or gotten a name. just "you should check out that uh..so and so guy in denver"
or jerry' or harry? up by pottstown.

Harrys in pennsburg - kinda near pottstown. it was slim pickins when I was there.

theres a place in ephrata, but its not a U Pull. All the ones I know of in and around Denver are all just used parts places, you gotta ask for what you want, no fun.

Back