• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Junk Yard 4x4 Dual Axle Swaps from the same Vehicle

cher96

NAXJA Forum User
What make truck, year, and model would give me a 4.27 or 4.56 gear ratio, have the pumpkins in the correct positions for an XJ, and would not be excessively difficult to swap in if all I had to do was weld in the associated mounts and so forth. I have been ill the last couple of years and wish to resurrect my Rig after busting up my front axle tube and a bunch of other things under there. I wish to try and purchase a wrecked truck or used truck for both axles. Thanks.

BTW: Yes, I tried to research it out on the web and search it out on here and came to no concrete solutions. At my new location here in these mountains, all I have is dial-up and to load a page takes near 20 to 30 minutes.

Reasonable, tried and proven dual axle swaps please. No derogatory comments needed. Thanks.

Absolutely nothing is just going to bolt in.

What are you looking for? What axles do you want? Dana 44? Dana 60?

I don't know of any axle that's going to give you a 4.56 from the factory.

I don't know of any one truck that would be an ideal donor for the front and rear axle unless you want full widths.

Personally, I suggest a Wagoneer D44 and a Ford 8.8.

If you don't want a strength upgrade, some 4cyl xj's came with 4.46 and they bolt in. If your going waggy 44 front, do the waggy rear too, so lug patterns match. I wouldn't bother swapping front axles unless I was going 1 ton, aren't newer dodges driver side drop? The power wagons came 4.56 with lockers.

Back