• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Johnson Valley trip Nov 19-20

Goatman

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Rockin' XJ Jamboree
Johnson Valley, CA
Nov 19-20, '05​

Come join us for an XJ/MJ run at one of the premire 4wheeling locations in California. Johnson Valley, home of the Hammer Trails, has the best hard-core trails around, plus moderate and easy trails, miles and miles of dirt roads for exploring, and even some sand dunes. So whether you're a JV regular or have never been there before, have a dedicated rock crawler or a stock XJ, come out and join us for a fun weekend of wheeling.​

Saturday Night Dinner and Raffle
Saturday evening a dinner of burgers and brauts will be provided to all participants. Cost of dinner will be covered by your donation. After dinner there will be a raffle, with proceeds going to Friends of Panamint Valley and the SoCal Chapter of NAXJA. Friends of Panamint Valley is the lead organization in the fight to reopen Surprise Canyon. Raffle tickets will be available onsite.​

Dinner around 6:30 pm
Raffle around 7:30 pm​

Location and Camping Information
Main camp will be on Means Dry Lake in the Johnson Valley OHV area. There are no camping fees, and also no facilities, so this is dry camping. Campfires are allowed and encouraged, but burning pallets is prohibited. Means Dry Lake is roughly 4 miles down a graded dirt road from HWY 247, and is accessable to all types of RV's, with lot's of open flat area.​

T-Shirts
Sm, Med, Large, and X-Large $15
XXL and XXXL $17

Please order T-shirts in advance no later than Oct 15th. A limited number of T-shirts will be available onsite. To order, please send your name, size, and quantity by PM to Goatman, or by e-mail to [email protected]. Money will be collected onsite when shirts are picked up. Please order only if you plan to be there. Shirts not picked up by Sat evening will be sold.​

Directions to Johnson Valley
Johnson Valley is approximately 45 miles east of Interstate 15 on Hwy 247. From most directions, exit Interstate 15 at Bear Valley Rd in Hesperia. Go east on Bear Valley Rd and then on Hwy 18 for about 20 miles to Lucerne Valley. At Luncerne Valley, continue straight on Hwy 247. After crossing a four way stop, continue straight on Hwy 247, which is also Old Woman Springs Rd, for about 22 miles to Boone Rd. Look for a sign at Boone Rd saying Johnson Valley OHV Area, Boone Rd. Turn left onto Boone Rd, which is dirt, and go about three miles to an intersection where the main traffic goes to the left. Turn left, the road drops through a gulley, and continue another mile to the dry lake bed. Main camp will be at the dry lake bed.

For additional information contact Richard Gauthier by PM to Goatman, or e-mail at [email protected], or simply post on this forum.

Socal Chapter of NAXJA

So, who's going?

Do we get to break in some newbies? :laugh3: :wave:

Capt. Nemo said:
I'm really looking forward to this trip.

The last hurrah before the baby comes...

Sadly, there will be no last hurrah for me.

Finishing the new shop before baby arrives takes precedence.

Planning on going but the wife is still weary of the 9+3hr drive with the kiddo. Is 9 hrs from Sac about right?

8ish from Sac.

CRASH said:

Yep, wrenching capacity comes before actually wheeling..........

:looser:

So, will that be the new URF Racing headquarters?

basalt51 said:
Planning on going but the wife is still weary of the 9+3hr drive with the kiddo. Is 9 hrs from Sac about right?

4.5 to 5 hrs to Bakersfield, 3 hrs from there to JV. Take 58 to Barstow, then Hwy 247/Barstow Rd south to Lucerne Valley.

Goatman said:
Yep, wrenching capacity comes before actually wheeling..........

:looser:

So, will that be the new URF Racing headquarters?

As well as my new sleeping quarters!

CRASH said:

What a lame excuse, construction is secondary to wheeling.

Regretably I won't be able to make it either, some small home improvement job going on over here. Somebody get some vicarious dents for me please :)

Gary E said:
What a lame excuse, construction is secondary to wheeling.

Regretably I won't be able to make it either, some small home improvement job going on over here. Somebody get some vicarious dents for me please :)

Hey, I thought general contractors were well heeled and independant and could take off whenever they wanted to.......what's up? :dunno:

:D

Unfortunately, I won't be able to flake on you guys this year. We'll be back east for the week before thanksgiving.

Have some fun.

SeanP

Goatman said:
Hey, I thought general contractors were well heeled and independant and could take off whenever they wanted to.......what's up? :dunno:

:D

Oh its all kicking my butt, :) hope to start framing inspection next week so I can let the sheetrockers do their thing. this week its driveway, well, septic system exterior paint, finishing plumbing, hvac, and a host of other things.

geesh my internet skills are lacking I forgot how to ftp :)

its coming along, they were painting today (exterior) and doing the forms for the driveway almost 7000 sq ft ouch!
photo50.jpg

web album up to 10-25

That's a nic crack-shack you got going there!

Back