• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jennifer's '91

1986XJIan said:
She doesn't like the idea of Ford parts on her Jeep. :laugh3:
It's probably just coincidence that when most people upgrade it involves ford junk.

:D

So, like, ummm....yeah....I messed up Jennifer's rig and now I gotta fix it. ..noob questions to follow:

I was playing with her rig...making it flex a bit (something like 20"...front passenger, rear driver sides). When I went to reconnect the sway bar it didn't line up right. I loosened the bolts on it and moved it around and got it re-connected. Then we drove it around for a bit.

Now we have this wonderful and violent shaking in the front end. It generally happens when a bump is hit while accelerating. Slowing down to about 20 seems to stop the shaking.

She was following me one day and I noticed that her front axle is no longer in alignment...the driver's side front tire sticks out a good 2" more than the passenger. There is an adjustable track bar. I guess I need to know how to actually adjust it and get it centered.

I'm assuming that the wobble is resulting from the axles no longer tracking properly also?

You are correct, Jeeps should be BUILT not bought.

Oh wait... and you are correct about the "tracking". What you are getting is death wobble. That can easily be caused by the track bar being off.... among other things like alignment and bent axles but I am 99% sure you didn't bend the axle.

And as a favor to NAXJA... leave HER XJ alone. We have one goodburbon on here we don't need two!

yeah yeah....but let me remind you...I neither bought nor built this on. It's all hers.

I know that some people call it a "death wobble," I just don't like to use gay sounding terms. LOL

It baffles me however that what I did would cause the axle to shift to one side.

xxmidianxx said:
We have one goodburbon on here we don't need two!

I nearly wet myself when I read that. So awesome! As they say in NAXJA land. SIGGED!

Sorry, I think too much. Read this thread earlier, was wrenchin (LOOK OUT, I drive it on the road), and... The jeeps should be built kills me. I've met one man in my short 39 yr. life that I believe could "build a vehicle" he lived in Copperas Cove (sp) and was ancient long ago. He could sand cast blocks, run a forge, heat treat, He had a wood framed canvas covered vehicle that he cast the block for. As for a jeep, I will bet my hat that not one on this site can "build an xj". What you are tellin people surfin is not to buy Good's rig, or mine, or hell, yours. I say buy away buddy, just remember carry tools, and never be afraid to ask for help. To buy a rig because of what it has under and on it is a great idea, the sum total of parts can double the value of a rig, and at the same time make it almost unsellable. Just the lift on an xj is worth more than the xj. I told you I think too much.:wow: hey Dennis, told you it sounded gay-er. I can't wait to see the carnage, leave her's the way it is, so I won't feel so bad about my HEEP

He seems to have a habit of tearing up his turdy

1986XJIan said:
My guess is that he broke the Tcase....LOL

Actually he blew out his front-end trying to push his limited-slip too hard on Twister at Gilmer. Chewed out the pinion gears (or was it the ring? Don't remember...) so he's currently running with no front shaft until he can afford a replacement. Needless to say, I did NOT try to follow him that day. :)

Back