• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeepspeed Rear Leafs

That was last November, I just came back from the SCORE 250, didn't do much pre-running, but are working very well, I'm very happy with them.

It gives you 1/2" of lift, I have a 4.5 lift with 4.5" rear leaf springs, but you wouldn't even notice it, because 1/2" is going to be lost on your leaf spring with there normal use!! fully recommended for use with Deavers!!

It gives you 1/2" of lift, I have a 4.5 lift with 4.5" rear leaf springs, but you wouldn't even notice it, because 1/2" is going to be lost on your leaf spring with there normal use!! fully recommended for use with Deavers!!

sounds great...

I haven't been here in a while and I quickly browsed the first few pages of this thread so bear with me (or feel free to flame me... haha) if this was already mentioned...

I used factory XJ packs for my mild build. 2 full packs added together (I cut the springs at a staggered length). I also added teflon double lipped liners between each leaf. This got me a fairly flat-ish pack with lots of thin leafs that had next to no friction... To correct the shackle angle, I added the relocation brackets and 1.25" shackles.

Now keep in mind, I'm in Alberta. We don't have Jeepspeed here. We have logging roads and trails. My Jeep doesn't see any air-time or big sandy whoops, but it does see some speed now and then :)

Okay I'm both answering the question above and bumping this thead because I have a shackle question and I hate starting new threads.

First, no you can't just mount your leaf pack under the axle. Even though we knew it wouldn't work, we tried it on a Ranger with Deavers (we had some time, don't ask). You end up lowering the truck about 8" and your shackle angle (basically the entire rear geometry) is way off.

Okay my question: What is the most ideal shackle set up for go-fast on an XJ? Assuming I have Deavers, how long of a shackle are JeepSpeeds running and how long if you don't have to conform to Jeepspeed rules?

My plan is to run the HD off-road engineering shackle re-location brackets. So the last piece of the puzzle is the shacke itself. I alreay have 1.5" extended shackles, but they seem short compared to most traditional truck shackes I have run in the desert.

My concern is drivetrain issues with too long of a shackle. I'd rather not R&D something that may be already known.

Am I worried about something for no reason? Am I going to get say 14" of travel with deavers and my shackles, and maybe 1" more if I make big changes? I don't split hairs over an inch of travel, I just valve my shocks a few extra times :)

[FONT=&quot]How about ditching your shackles system and running sliders from Liquid Iron Industries (http://www.liquidironindustries.com/product.php?productid=18222&cat=0&page=0&featured=Y), I have a set install on my ’97 Xj Prerunner with a 4.5" LA lift with Rusty’s 4.5” jeep speed leafs and they work great, forget about the continues shackle bumping into the frame, you will fill a dramatic change when cornering, it will fill very stable and stiff, I recommend them, they work grate. [/FONT]

Back