• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeepspeed Rear Leafs

I'm actually getting custom leafs made myself. Just from the questions I was asked I think Nation makes a true custom leaf while deaver goes off of what they have premade.
I wanted to make a custom 3-3.5" leaf spring, military & rebound wraps & from the center pin to the shackle eye I wanted 29.25" long..xj's are 28 & 5/8". I was hoping the little extra length would push my shackle back a bit for a better angle but not enough to warrant a revolver shackle.

Anyway deaver tryed talking me out of the extra length told me they could "modify" their current setup. Nation asked me weight of the rear ect ect encouraged teh extra bit of length.
Basically my OME 3" HD's are sagging with an extra 400lbs loaded..so I wanted custom leafs that'll ride good but still hold the weight.
Both 750 bucks with bushings included..I'll be getting nationals. I'm too worried that deaver will just give me what they've got vs something custom.

Both make excellent springs. Deaver is very good about customizing leaf packs to what you want. I've taken leafs in 4 times for adjustments, and they always come back reflecting the changes I have asked for.

They may have tried to make it faster and easier by suggesting you use standardized lengths, but it would not be 'just what they've got'.

There is no one jeepspeed setup though, the pack ends up modified to what you want it to be..

They start off at a 4.5" baseline, but they will customize them for you.

Like carbon fiber leaf liners or actual leafs? I'd be very curious to see those lol and how they would hold up.

Actual leafs... I dont know a ton about these new carbon fiber leafs Ive heard that they are as good as running coil overs. But just saying the word carbon fiber hurts my wallet. I can only assume it wouldn't be to budget friendly.

Actual leafs... I dont know a ton about these new carbon fiber leafs Ive heard that they are as good as running coil overs. But just saying the word carbon fiber hurts my wallet. I can only assume it wouldn't be to budget friendly.

I'm guessing you're talking about carbon composite springs kind of like the Corvette runs. Carbon fiber isn't exactly the most flexible material, unless it's super thin. I doubt many people are running those offroad, don't think they can flex as much as needed by an offroad vehicle.

I'm guessing you're talking about carbon composite springs kind of like the Corvette runs. Carbon fiber isn't exactly the most flexible material, unless it's super thin. I doubt many people are running those offroad, don't think they can flex as much as needed by an offroad vehicle.

Yeah like I said I don't know a ton about them nor do I know who is running them but I do know that there was a someone on the JeepSpeed forum wanting to know if they were legal. I agree with you though I cant picture them flexing and correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't they be super brittle?

Hello there, I’m not on expert yet on Jeepspeed, but know the physics of it very well, I have a 97 Xj with a Rustys LA 4.5” lift kit with fox 2.0 piggy back bypass up front and in the back Rustys 4.5” Jeepspeed springs with fox 2.0 remote reservoir, had a lot of problems with the OEM shackles bumping into the frame, so started to do some research and found that Liquid Iron Industries sells leaf springs sliders, I told myself why not give them a try, I bought a set and install them in my Xj, they do very well, the rear of the Xj fills less loose and the leaf spring has a lot more travel, last November I helped some friends at the Baja 1000 with one of the pits, there car broke about 80miles from my pit, so we had to go and pull them, to get from my pit to the car, I had to drive on the race course with every race car flying by, my Xj did pretty darn well with the sliders, I recommend them, you will never go back to shackles.
This Xj is my daily driver and I travel a lot on it, on the high way at about 80MPH it feels like if you were driving a stock vehicle with the suspension set up I have.
So if somebody has problems with their shackles, I recommend changing in to leaf spring sliders.
Check them out http://www.liquidironindustries.com/product.php?productid=18222&cat=0&page=0&featured=Y

Hello there, I’m not on expert yet on Jeepspeed, but know the physics of it very well, I have a 97 Xj with a Rustys LA 4.5” lift kit with fox 2.0 piggy back bypass up front and in the back Rustys 4.5” Jeepspeed springs with fox 2.0 remote reservoir, had a lot of problems with the OEM shackles bumping into the frame, so started to do some research and found that Liquid Iron Industries sells leaf springs sliders, I told myself why not give them a try, I bought a set and install them in my Xj, they do very well, the rear of the Xj fills less loose and the leaf spring has a lot more travel, last November I helped some friends at the Baja 1000 with one of the pits, there car broke about 80miles from my pit, so we had to go and pull them, to get from my pit to the car, I had to drive on the race course with every race car flying by, my Xj did pretty darn well with the sliders, I recommend them, you will never go back to shackles.
This Xj is my daily driver and I travel a lot on it, on the high way at about 80MPH it feels like if you were driving a stock vehicle with the suspension set up I have.
So if somebody has problems with their shackles, I recommend changing in to leaf spring sliders.
Check them out http://www.liquidironindustries.com/product.php?productid=18222&cat=0&page=0&featured=Y

Any more info on these?

still working well?

Back