• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeeps Can Lead to Divorce..

Just this morning my GF said "the weather is going to be great today, perfect day to work on the Jeep". Gotta love that. She is looking forward to it being ready to hit some trails. :)

I must be the luckiest guy alive. My wife before she was my wife bought me the twin turbo kit for my 5.0 mustang. I bought her a 01' WJ and she had never been wheeling, I took her once and she loves it almost as much as I do. I then got my XJ and we both go wheeling with walkie talkies. She loves following us guys down the medium trails. I have not even taken her in my XJ yet cause of the kids but she wants to drive it. And as for wrenching, I get to do it whenever and for however long I want (the mustang was in her garage spot for a month when I put the twin turbos in). The only thing we fight about is how grumpy I am in the morning.

My wife never says anything about what I spend on the Jeep, although she asks anyone that looks at it if they want to buy it

Jeeps cannot lead to divorce... period. I have been giving counsel to couples for over 13 years and have myself been married for 26 years to the love of my youth and no other. There has not been a divorce in my family since my parent's wedding day over 64 years ago (they are still alive and more in love than ever). We have fought over the Jeep, but there is always some other issue that is really the core issue. The points you make are valid and your wife is undoubtedly not stupid. She also knows that you enjoy it and probably loves you enough to want you to have some joy in life. There is something else going on... you need to get to the bottom of that. Try responding to the next Jeep argument with, "I know you are really not upset about the Jeep... it is way cheaper for us than a car payment, what is really bothering you? Can we talk about it?" Remember God gave us two ears and one mouth for a reason... to listen twice as much as we talk.

Great advice. I agree with everything you said...except that last part.
DNA evolution and mutation gave us two ears and a mouth. ;)

The thread should close with REVROK's advice but another thread has developed from within, as often is the case... God I love women!! Jeep, no Jeep. Can't live without women.

Well i'm in the same boat as the rest of you guys. My current ex-g/f of 2 years loves my LJ, but hates my XJ. She calls my XJ, "the ugly Jeep" little does she know that it really does hurt my feelings. My XJ was my first vehicle, and to this day my pride and joy. Since i've gotten my LJ i've been able to do things that I've always wanted to do, like strip the interior and cut off the top. I've been fiddling with it for over 2 years now, without having it licensed and inspected. Like a previous poster said earlier, "it's therapeutic" it really is. I love doing stuff to my XJ. I can lay underneath it and look at my front suspension until I fall asleep underneath it. So yeah, we fight about it all the time. "You pick your Jeeps over me", "Why do you work on it, it doesn't even work." "You spend more time with your ugly Jeep than me". She's so clingy and jealous, I don't know how to deal with it. I have to hear that stuff all the time. Some of you guys are really lucky to have understanding g/f's.

hah.. I've heard the same things. "I do not want that in our drive way" "I don't want to be seen in that" This is even after giving my '87 XJ a new paint job.. it looks like brand new... well 1987 brand new..

"you would rather work on your jeep than spend time with me"

The thread should close with REVROK's advice but another thread has developed from within, as often is the case... God I love women!! Jeep, no Jeep. Can't live without women.

correction: God I love Jeeps! Women or no woman, I cant live without Jeeps

"you would rather work on your jeep than spend time with me"

yep, i work on the jeep to get away from your nagging.

The first mammals that listened twice as much as they squeaked were killed far less often by their mates, resulting in their genes being successfully passed. It remains good advice hundreds of millions of years later. :shhh:

We have alot of latin american women where I work, all hottttt, a few years ago my kids stuck a 'Cape cod Nude beach parking permit' in my rear window behind the spare tire. I more or less forgot about it, till yesterday, parked in a non normal parking spot where everyone hangs out during lunch.
One of them came into my office and asked 'Do you like nude beeeeeeches [sounded like bitches], I choked on my coffee said then she realized what it sounded like. We both laughed our asses off for a good 5 minutes. The fact that one of the managers was walking by and literally tripped into a wall at that moment only added to the hilarity. Yup, I love women, like kids you never know what they are going to come out with next... Later on when she was answering CS calls I flashed a little sign " I like BOTH".... :D :D :D :D :D she could not handle any more calls for like 10 minutes.

My last g/f and I broke up over my jeep. We had other issues, but the jeep was the core of every fight.

I thought it was the jeep-parts-all-over-the-house that was the fight source, but I guess that's about the same thing! :gee:

In the early 2000's I had a girl who was not only into my wheeling, she would as surprises for me track down new old stock and repro interior and trim parts for my '62 F100 4x4. I shoulda married that one..

Yeah, but then you wouldn't get to be roomies with Cracker...

Thanks... we'll agree to disagree on that last part, especially since I think He (God) has a lot to do with the first part.

True dat! :cheers:

correction: God I love Jeeps! Women or no woman, I cant live without Jeeps

yep, i work on the jeep to get away from your nagging.

You, my friend have not found the right woman yet!

Thanks for the excellent advice.

You know it gave me real joy to write that and more to read your response. Blessings to you and your wife.:cheers:

jhgdkygyGLGIuylY :piratefla :doh: hasta

If your wrong, and ROVROK is right.(and there is an all powerful God) when you die, you go to hell for eternity.
If REVROK is wrong, and you are right (and we evolved from Apes, and God has nothing to do with it or there is no God) When we all die nothing happens.. and then in some cases we come back as a flower or fertilizer for the circle of life...

I am going to put my money on the one with less damage if I am wrong...:peace:

I am going to put my money on the one with less damage if I am wrong...:peace:

It's called hedging your bets, similar to diversifying your investments. Always a good idea. Pardon me while I put my bible away and roll my prayer rug out.

Back