• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep trip on Eastern Sierras

96XJ9705

NAXJA Forum User
I'm helping plan a scout jeep trip this summer and looking for suggestions for a 4-5 day trip.

The xj's will probably be on 3-4" lifts and 30-31 tires with moderate armor.

Any suggestions are welcome. Rubicon would be awesome but all drivers have agreed that we would be two years away at least. We are planning to camp between days and try and do new trails each day.

We are hoping to stay south of Mammoth if possible just for distance.

I just got back from Lake Isalbella this weekend. Not sure if you guys have explored that area but its less then an hour from Ridgecrest I think. There is some really nice trails, the Kern River is nice, lots of rocks and dirt. Wasn't to rocky for tent camping which was nice. I would like to go back my self.

I just got back from Lake Isalbella this weekend. Not sure if you guys have explored that area but its less then an hour from Ridgecrest I think. There is some really nice trails, the Kern River is nice, lots of rocks and dirt. Wasn't to rocky for tent camping which was nice. I would like to go back my self.

Sherman pass jeep trail is right there and the cannell plunge mtb trail is sweet if your into that

Sherman pass jeep trail is right there and the cannell plunge mtb trail is sweet if your into that

We've done the Sherman pass trail and Monache meadow twice. SP is a good trail, just not that long. Thanks for the suggestion though, more ideas are good.

Never mind, just saw when and where.

Do you think jeeps with only 30's-31's and no lockers could do the Rubicon? I'm willing to try after I install some more skids. Not sure about the other jeeps.

Seems like most recommend atleast one locker and 33s, but I know people take smaller rigs on there. Deer valley, slickrock, barney riley, and boards crossing are all doable though and within close proximity to eachother.

I'll see. I'm hoping to have some tubing work done on my jeep by then (and a chopped back) and hopefully a lunch box up front. The other jeep that would be going will probably just have 30's and a 3" lift. Tow points and some armor.

Back