• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep thieves!

Stewie-
Thanks for the information. It was stolen from the military housing complex out in Murphy Canyon(Tierrasanta area) so it wasn't on-base housing or anything of that nature. The area is not guarded, but rather patrolled by rent-a-cops. I now realize how effective they can be. The housing office for the neighborhood said that they couldn't do anything about it, so I took it as they didn't care. The plate is registered in WA- my last duty station. Apparently it is a common thing to get a Cherokee stolen in this county, so the cops aren't too worried about it turning up at anytime in the near future. Thanks for keeping a look out in the UT area. I don't expect to see my XJ ever again for what it's worth. I am looking into purchasing another to replace the one that is gone.

Later,
Cherikon

Last edited:
Cherikon -

Sorry to hear about your loss. I am familiar with the area you are in - it is a nice place to live. I am just north of you in Rancho Penasquitos, and this thread has me worried about my rig now.

Did your jeep have an alarm system or anti-theft device on it? What time of day did they come to steal it?

TIA

Josh

TWCGUY-
My Jeep was stolen at approximately 1230-1AM. My neighbor was the last to see it in front of my house. I didn't have any sort of alarm or anti-theft device on the vehicle. I will NOT make that mistake ever again. Keep your XJ on lock-down and check the door locks twice if you must.

Later,
Coullt

Back