• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep engine compatability

OBDI / OBDII are diagnostic interfaces to the computer, and completely unrelated to the dialog between the computer and the back-end sensors/injectors/ignition parts. If you want OBDII diagnostics you need a computer that supports the OBDII interface, putting "OBDII sensors" on an OBDI computer won't give you OBDII diagnostics

OBDI / OBDII are diagnostic interfaces to the computer, and completely unrelated to the dialog between the computer and the back-end sensors/injectors/ignition parts. If you want OBDII diagnostics you need a computer that supports the OBDII interface, putting "OBDII sensors" on an OBDI computer won't give you OBDII diagnostics

Yeah, I know that. I have a 97 with an engine, tranny, t-case, harness and ECM. I'm not that retarded(this time :D) Am I going to have to swap the harness and everything to run that. I like plugging a code reader in and seeing where i need to look for problems. Its much easier with OBDII! If its that much of a PITA I'll be happy with OBDI!

You wont get a performance gain or aything special. Put in new engine, leave old sensors and old ECU.
What about puting anything 1991+ into a Renix MJ? I have an 87 comanche w/ busted 4.0 engine. Looking for a donor but hate to be limited to the 87-90 years. Really only need the block, i think the head is fine. Ideas?

Back