• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep 2500 Parts... I found them here...

Yes that's been my hang up since I started this..... Western Union use to be great back in the day, but now days all you hear about is the scams. And to be honest thats the only reason those parts are not on my junk already. Part of me wants to just order my stuff and wait to order the other stuff if my stuff comes in. I would be sick if everybody else lost money in the whole deal. nobody wants to be that guy. I do not plan on doing this as a business venture... just a one time thing. Someone else a few posts back expressed intrest in doing that and I don't want to steal anybodys steam. It all comes down to me being a cheap bastard. I figure I've been trying to get this stuff for almost 2 years now. If somebody imports a bunch of it and starts selling it stateside the cost for these parts would be the same or possibly more than US OEM once all the sea shipping, customs mess, and US shipping costs are figured into it.... plus somebody would have to make money on it, right? So, back to the cheap bastard thing, it's just easier for me to do it myself. The funny thing is the cost for me to ship all the stuff I want from lets say Seattle to Spokane, WA is the same cost it is from China to Seattle.
I figured that I will just drive over to Seattle and pick it up when it comes into port. I go over there every month and my father-in-law goes every week, so getting it back is no problem. I'm sort of green on the whole customs thing but I know a guy who work there so it's worth a phone call to get the skinny. If anyone knows anything bad about Alex Parts PLEASE LET ME KNOW I've searched and have not found anything bad about them. And what other payment method would be preferred? I don't feel comfortable sending my credit card info, but would l use PayPal.
Sorry for the long winded post but I think you all know what I'm saying. I guess I don't mind gambling with with my money but don't want anyone else getting burned on my account.

:geek: It's Cool Man. Understandable. I believe that of the people here that are seriously interested and decide to join in the venture
would not hold u responsable if it went sour..:dunno: . We can all cooperate with additional feedback so to have as much info as possible. If there is a need to gather more info before commiting to the order there's no hurry on my part.:greensmok
:idea: I for one 'am willing to share the risk factor . If you are willing to go thru the motions of ordering and picking them up. I believe a parts train or just shipment via dhl would work afterwards. my 2.....:eek: .

I'm also going thru other channels to find a firm link for this and if it comes full circle will share the results.:peace:

BonesBrosChris said:
It all comes down to me being a cheap bastard. I figure I've been trying to get this stuff for almost 2 years now. If somebody imports a bunch of it and starts selling it stateside the cost for these parts would be the same or possibly more than US OEM once all the sea shipping, customs mess, and US shipping costs are figured into it

Just so you all know where I am coming from on this, if the above holds true, I will just give up. I hope, and am cautiously optimistic, that I will be able to bring this stuff in as a "front end package" including fenders, grill, lights, etc. to your door for around $400, maybe even less. While I will readily admit to my intention to make a buck or two, if I can't get it done for substantially cheaper than OEM, it just ain't worth the effort. My importing partner believes we are close to having the infrastructure in place stateside to drop ship after clearing customs. We are trying to find a party in China willing to buy X number of parts, assemble them into individual "kit" boxes, and then put them on the boat -- It is my plan to take orders from interested parties with payment, order a corresponding number of "kits" from our China folks, and hope to hear happy feedback from everyone in 40-60 days (proverbial slow boat). I too don't want to be "that guy" that takes money and then can't deliver the product, so unless we get a satisfactory level of confidence that we can economically pull it off, we'll all be left to roll the dice with individual shipments and western union and the like. I think it is really cool there is this much interest in these products, and we have been trying to follow up on all the various leads that some of you have contributed. Things are certainly taking longer to set up than I would have hoped, but we'll keep at it, and if and when we get it together, we'll post up here with a link to the vendor's forum...:cheers:

Chris

I should get a reply back from them on Wednesday about my dislike in using Western Union. I would prefer to use a credit card and that way we would be more secure in the transaction. Visa here is Visa there? At least with VISA/MC there is some protection if stuff goes sour. (Xj-grin) I like the way you are planing to do it in a package deal. The shipping is high because of volume not the weight it takes up in a container.... I bet if this works out you could easily make a buck or two on it but its all about volume. Whats the supply and demand for these parts? There is intrest on this site about it, but most of the coments I hear are is that its ugly or it unamerican to to buy crap from China. It, to me is worth the gamble just to be different. :) It all depends on if there are different payment options available. I did check on the whole (gmail) thing somebody expressed concern about and they do infact have it over there.
-Chris W

It is definately all about volume. My understanding is that to maximize shipping efficiencies and get a better rate, you have either (1) fill an entire container (best); or (2) fill at least 3 cubic yards of space within a container (better and more realistic). We aren't to a detailed packaging analysis point yet, but I am guessing somewhere between 18-25 units (i.e. "front end kits") would take up that space, and therefore minimize the shipping costs... we'll see (I hope).

Wow...this has to be the most sweet ass conversion I have ever seen. Period. I hope and pray that somebody can work this out and have some system in place to get stuff in our hands stateside. Im all about doin me some changing on my 98. God...if you can hear me right now, which Im sure you can, please give Chrysler some divine wisdom to begin production on the XJ again. I mean, how many of you all would try to buy a new XJ if it had similar specs as the XJ of old. You know, solid axles, etc. I know I would most def.

xjmania said:
Wow...this has to be the most sweet ass conversion I have ever seen. Period. I hope and pray that somebody can work this out and have some system in place to get stuff in our hands stateside. Im all about doin me some changing on my 98. God...if you can hear me right now, which Im sure you can, please give Chrysler some divine wisdom to begin production on the XJ again. I mean, how many of you all would try to buy a new XJ if it had similar specs as the XJ of old. You know, solid axles, etc. I know I would most def.

If the XJ wouldn't meet safety regs in 02, it wont in 08. If people critized the XJ in 01 as being dated what would they say when the design is 25 years old?

I know you may want to hope and dream, but your chances of having that happen are about the same as winning the lottery. Which coincidentally, your odds of winning the lottery are about the same even if you dont buy a ticket.

zluster said:
If the XJ wouldn't meet safety regs in 02, it wont in 08. If people critized the XJ in 01 as being dated what would they say when the design is 25 years old?

I know you may want to hope and dream, but your chances of having that happen are about the same as winning the lottery. Which coincidentally, your odds of winning the lottery are about the same even if you dont buy a ticket.

Yeah but they meet euro specs. The only two problem I've had with getting vehicles from over seas is not the motor they use but the lack of a US emissions certificate. And that the VIN does not come back as a valid US VIN. But I have had luck talking the DMV people into doing it, it's just alot of paperwork. And you end up with a weird title... but a US title.

BonesBrosChris said:
Yeah but they meet euro specs. The only two problem I've had with getting vehicles from over seas is not the motor they use but the lack of a US emissions certificate. And that the VIN does not come back as a valid US VIN. But I have had luck talking the DMV people into doing it, it's just alot of paperwork. And you end up with a weird title... but a US title.

Well thats all fine and dandy, but its one thing to talk about DCJ bringing back the XJ for US production and sales as a new vehicle, its another thing to talk about importing a grey market vehicle.

Grey market vehicles aren't easy to import, but realistically you could purchase the being jeep without drive train and import it easily(no legal red tape on bodies without running gear) and then install front/rear end, engine/trans/xfer case, and VIN plate from a UD donor Jeep.

that would net you a new body jeep, with somewhat used running gear, and title as a 7+ year old XJ. That would be possible, but that could run up to about 15-20k pretty quick, at 20k, I could afford to do alot of other things to an older XJ, or even buy a slightly used TJ.

I sad don't count on me buying a front end kit or any parts. Seems I need to worry about fixing my transmission now that I lost reverse.

I just got off the phone with Alex Parts and they agreed to do a money transfer (bank to bank) instead of using Western Union. So I guess when I get back to work tomorrow I'll give this a try once I figure out all the quantities. So, if there is anyone else that wants anything and wants to take a gamble let me know by Friday (3.28.08) in a PM or email
exjaychris (at) gmail (dot) com.
I'm going to see on the fenders also... even though they don't have it in the parts listing they do have a valid part number for them. I am curious to see the quality of the parts. If the stuff turns out shoddy I think that would stop it from ever taking off over here. But I guess we'll find out. And yes I can take pictures of the stuff. I inquired about damaged items when I go to pick them up and she said there is a 90 day warranty, but shipping is still on us.
-Chris W.

:eeks1: I'll be reviewing the list already sent :roll:.. If there are any last minute adjustments ;(i.e. adding a fender order ) I will be forwarding such by fri. night:geek: .

Glad that they provided a bank they work with .. I know not to many banks have the
RMB currency transfer with such. so they can have their money deposited in their accounts. ( one thing that western union does).

Thanks again for ur time :thumbup: and continued dedication :worship: ....

BonesBrosChris said:
I just got off the phone with Alex Parts and they agreed to do a money transfer (bank to bank) instead of using Western Union. So I guess when I get back to work tomorrow I'll give this a try once I figure out all the quantities. So, if there is anyone else that wants anything and wants to take a gamble let me know by Friday (3.28.08) in a PM or email
exjaychris (at) gmail (dot) com.
I'm going to see on the fenders also... even though they don't have it in the parts listing they do have a valid part number for them. I am curious to see the quality of the parts. If the stuff turns out shoddy I think that would stop it from ever taking off over here. But I guess we'll find out. And yes I can take pictures of the stuff. I inquired about damaged items when I go to pick them up and she said there is a 90 day warranty, but shipping is still on us.
-Chris W.

The fenders would be nice to know the price on, and while I do not have any interest, do we have a price on the taillights?

The taillights are $6.00 each plus some freight. They will only work on the 84-96's. The fenders (JP01FD01/02) are not in production but would make some if they had an order of 20 sets. There is also a 30 day delay on them, but no current price. So I'm not worring about them and plan to mod some pre 97's to work with the headlights.
-CW

Last edited:
Well, I've been following this thread and I would be interested in front end + taillights. Think the rear bumper/bumper caps would fit? My in smashed up, and I've been playing with the idea of going 97+, but this may be cheaper since I can't find any junkyard 97+ XJ's. All this is going on 93XJ.

It looks like there will be a 3% price increase on all the stuff Alex parts sells on April 1st. Not like that is going to break the bank :) or actually raise the price that much. But I thought I would let you guy's (xj-grin) know for the future orders.
-Chris W.

Date: Mar 28. 2008
Attn: Mr. Chris Webb
E-mail: [email protected]
Dear Mr. Chris Webb,
We would like to inform you that the price of JEEP 2500 parts will be increase 3% because of the material price increase after 2008-3-31. Please notice.
Any questions, please don’t hesitate to inform.

Marketing Department
HONGKONG ALEX GLOBAL ENTERPRISE LTD.
HONGKONG ALEX GLOBAL ENTERPRISE LTD.
Add: Room218,Laiyin Garden, Luoxi, Dashi, Panyu, Guangzhou, China
E-mail: [email protected] Tel: 86-20-84548756
MSN: [email protected] Fax: 86-20-84500864
Http:// www.alexparts.com

Well I got the order finialized today. Thanks to everyone who went in on it. I should have a final price with your chunk of the shipping added to it on Monday if not sooner. But I forgot about the time/day difference from here to there.
.................... then we wait. :)

Back