• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep 2500 Parts... I found them here...

zluster said:
Yup, I see an 8.25 with leaf springs. As with the post on Jeepin if you look close you will see the leaf springs in the above pic.
i know they're leaf sprung. i was talking about the fact that the axle appears to be a full floating axle shaft. see the hub in the center of the rear disk ? that's what i'm talking about. not that the entire axle looks like it's floating in mid air.

hollyxj said:
The lack of communication from the seller is typical from what i have seen. they promise you a certain delivery before you buy, all along knowing that it will take twice as long. Then avoid contact because they lied about it.

Whomever placed the order, should have a bunch of customs paper work including an import agent here in the states. You should be able to get an idea of where the shipment is from them.

Except we haven't gotten that paperwork and thats whats making us nervous here.

hollyxj said:
Whomever placed the order, should have a bunch of customs paper work including an import agent here in the states. You should be able to get an idea of where the shipment is from them.

I tried the agent thing and because the total value was so low the ones I were talking to were not interested. Basically it wasn't worth the effort for them. I got in contact with Customs and they said basically the same thing.... it's such a small 'personal use' order that I wouldn't need a broker. I'll call them tonight and see whats going on with the order. I get the whole slow boat from China thing... and that never bothered me, I actually expected it to take twice as long to get here. What I want is the paperwork and that will make me feel a wee bit better. But I guess we all discussed this before the order and getting screwed was always an option, but I'll remain postive and see how this plays out...... before we flame them. :firedevil:
-Chris

Well I got a reply......

"Date: Apr. 29. 2008
Attn: Mr. Chris Webb
E-mail: <mailto:exjaychris(at)gmail(dot)com> exjaychris(at)gmail(dot)com

Dear Mr. Chris Webb,

Our treasurer had informed me the document (B/L, PACKING LIST & COMMERCIAL
INVOICE) will send to you next week. For the shipping details, I should
check with the shipping company. And inform you soon. May they have some
delay. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards

Kingco"

Just keeping you all in the loop.
-Chris

BonesBrosChris said:
Well I got a reply......

Dear Mr. Chris Webb,

Best regards

Kingco"

-Chris

Welp, thats nice that he replied, though it was something of a "I'll get you the information later."

BonesBrosChris said:
Well I got a reply......

Dear Mr. Chris Webb,

Best regards

Kingco"

-Chris

This is what i was talking about in my pm, they are waiting to get a whole container together to ship...they dont have the shipping info yet because they havent loaded the container.

Good to hear Chris; :peace: Thanks for the update.

Concerning the filling up for a container I guess they won't go that way Just yet ; since it seems they don't do too much bussines on this side of the Ocean( or else we would of had those parts available state side a loong time ago) :greensmok

I believe what delays the actual shimpment is the freght Co.
Since it's a small volume shimpment ; They must of gone with a Consolidator Freight Co.
Those guys "buy container space in ships ... and then they offer services for "less that a container full " Merchandise that needs to be shipped. so they fill the container with as many different small shipments they can fill each container and then it's sent ...

Still being conservative about the outcome .. but nothing out of the ordinary scheem of things for a regular "small" ,shimpment from China .. It's not like it's being Fed Ex'ed:roflmao:

Chris : "-Our treasurer had informed me the document (B/L, PACKING LIST & COMMERCIAL INVOICE) will send to you next week."

If u have an oportunity .. establish confirmation if document sent will be a Commercial Invoice OR a Proforma invoice. Difference is that one is for Commercial (profit) and the other -- For Personal - Non profit purposes) .
There is a difference when going thru the customs side of things..

BajaMJ said:
Chris : "-Our treasurer had informed me the document (B/L, PACKING LIST & COMMERCIAL INVOICE) will send to you next week."

If u have an oportunity .. establish confirmation if document sent will be a Commercial Invoice OR a Proforma invoice. Difference is that one is for Commercial (profit) and the other -- For Personal - Non profit purposes) .
There is a difference when going thru the customs side of things..

All the documents that I have received up to now are all "Proforma".

My experience with importing, the proforma invoice is just a preliminary detailed invoice used by the US agent to start the paper work, the commercial invoice will always follow and is req for entry into the country.

those who are worried about getting ripped off trust me when i tell you that they rip us off more by sending the products here. their gov subsidizes export manufactures, the more they export, the more funding they receive. so they get paid from both ends the customer and the government, in some cases allowing chinese products to be sold for less than just the material costs here. Which is the biggest scam of all...

Well I'm not real seasoned in the whole importing thing and frankly don't ever plan on being so. This whole thing started because a few of us were talking about it and thought it would be neat to have some different parts on our Jeeps. Nobody really came forward and wanted to get the stuff for us, so I took the risk. It was a small order and being the first time importing stuff from China (for me) I knew there might be some snags. I learned a bit along the way so far... like taking a lot longer than expected due to the small space it would take up in a container. Now before this turns into a "Buy American" or "Free Tibet" thread.... I wasn't trying to overthrow the US Government. Yes the stuff was cheap and yes I bought it direct. I figured by the time somebody actually imported a bunch of the parts and all the middlemen got their share of the cash, those $12/pr taillights would be $179.99/pr. So, I'll stop here because I can go on a rant for hours on this.

Peace-
Chris
(If I took something out of context, I'm sorry but thats the way I read it)

lol I wasnt trying to imply any thing with the last statement...I just saw that there was a question of whether it was a scam or not...just trying to point out that your money is safe and this sorta behavior is typical when ordering direct.

Just want to give you another heads up...when you find out the shipper, contact them make sure there isnt a second shipping charge for them bringing the package to you from where the container is unloaded. If your picking it up from them make sure you are prompt so they dont try to hit you with some bullshit demurrage charge. this isnt always the case but something to watch out for

If there is anything I can help you with just let me know

Hey hollyxj, what's the real-world difference between shipping from China to West vs East Coast ports? I know it has to go through the Panama Canal if it stays on a boat and obviously that means more time and money but I'm wondering how that all washes out in the end.

depends on the amount that you do, 3 years ago when i did do this to ny(port is actually in jersey) a full container was about 2g and about 45 days on the water not inc customs which could be as little as a week or as long as 4

we had looked into shipping to the west coast to expedite shipment I remember it being about double, mostly the domestic shipping cost and about 28 days on the water but never did it

we got partials at the beginning and an 1/8 of a container was about 400. The shipping time differs alot from what region the shipment originates, mine came from the north.

hollyxj said:
depends on the amount that you do, 3 years ago when i did do this to ny(port is actually in jersey) a full container was about 2g and about 45 days on the water not inc customs which could be as little as a week or as long as 4

we had looked into shipping to the west coast to expedite shipment I remember it being about double, mostly the domestic shipping cost and about 28 days on the water but never did it

we got partials at the beginning and an 1/8 of a container was about 400. The shipping time differs alot from what region the shipment originates, mine came from the north.

2k was about the cost I found for full containers from LA to Europe. If you can fill a container thats the way to go. Many $$$ to ship container, and many $$$$ to fill a container. For a slow payback on a $100 part here, and a $200 part there it takes a while to get your investment back.

Here is the update I got this morning on our order. I get my decoder ring out and try and figure out what the 2nd paragraph means.... ok I'll just e-mail or call them.

"Dear Mr. Chris Webb,

We have sent the concerning documents (packing list/commercial invoice/ B/L)
to you yesterday. You will get it in about 3days.

Besides, the goods will be arrived on 25th this month May. Sorry if there's some error from the cargo after checking. If there's any damage, please don't
hesitate to inform. We will compensate for it.

Any question, please feel free to inform.

Best regards,
Kingco

HONGKONG ALEX GLOBAL ENTERPRISE LTD"

Yeah, thats how I read it but I'll call again tonight.

BonesBrosChris said:
Here is the update I got this morning on our order. I get my decoder ring out and try and figure out what the 2nd paragraph means.... ok I'll just e-mail or call them.

"Dear Mr. Chris Webb,
We have sent the concerning documents (packing list/commercial invoice/ B/L)
to you yesterday. You will get it in about 3days.
Besides, the goods will be arrived on 25th this month May.
Best regards,
Kingco
HONGKONG ALEX GLOBAL ENTERPRISE LTD"

Well, Steady as she goes ........It seems it will be arriving by Memorial; day wk end ................Hope not too many things arrive damaged..

Thanks for the update Chris.

Last edited:
BajaMJ said:
Well, Steady as she goes ........It seems it will be arriving by Memorial; day wk end ................Hope not too many things arrive damaged..

Thanks for the update Chris.

Or if they do arrive damaged that we can get replacements.

Back