• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep #2, replacement of my 87XJ with my 00XJ!

Well all I need to do is buy bolts & DOM, then I can put everything together. I thought it would be done by now but Ballistic Fabrication messed up an order I placed with them really bad. I ordered all my suspension joints from them just about 2 months ago and still am waiting....
All the RH thread joints I ordered are back-ordered, the 2 panhard bar joints I ordered were sent wrong, of the three LH joints I ordered 2 were wrong, and they also sent the wrong weld in inserts for my chevy tierod ends. I couldn't believe it, I ordered everything correctly and they managed to ship over half the order wrong. On the bottom of my invoice it also stated that my order was double checked by another person and they obviously didn't check over anything! Really upset me. You would think that Ballistic Fab would have a better handle on how to ship parts seing as that is how they make money?
So its 2 months later and everything should be here next week, we will see what they managed to mess up this time.
I will be going to NWFest but not in my Jeep, I will be coming with a friend in his MJ with 2 dirtbikes in the back instead!

put some paint on those calipers, those things rust very quickly.

Thanks for the heads up on the calipers, I will put some paint on them before they rust. Yeah I am happy to still be making it to NWFest, wish the Jeep was done but the dirtbike is honestly funner and alot cheaper. My ballistic joints showed up today, have not had a chance to make sure they sent the right thing yet. My other order should show up tuesday, as long as everything is right I should be able to get it together sometime soon. Need to price out some 2" 1/4wall DOM next!

Well I took 1 step forward and 20 backwards today. Got my parts from ballistic fabrication and they shorted me another ballistic joint, they must have idiots that work there or something. Don't understand how you can mess an order up this many times.
Then While driving home I am just sitting at a red light and some lady slams into the back of my Jeep. She never even put her brakes on! Now my Jeep is totaled, hope they give me something decent for it.

you ok?

Josh, this is terrible news, but i believe in you and am thankful that you are unhurt.
You are only an acquaintance to me, yet I consider you a good friend.
Thank you for everything you have done for me, I will help in any way I can.

OMG Josh ! that sucks ! Hopefully you are ok.... and hopefully you havnt invested alot of time and parts in it yet. Im picturing the pile youve collected still on the floor... and not on the jeep yet. Probably wishfull thinking though. lemme know if you need anything man. you know we are here for you bro !

Thanks for all the support guys! Most of the parts I have are not on the Jeep but work has been done to it. Just sucks to be so close and have your Jeep ruined. Now I am on the lookout for a 97-01 Country or limited XJ, Black, Dark blue, or bright red with black or tan interior. Hope they are not to hard to come by.

Can't wait to see what insurance offers me for my heep.

Can't wait to see what insurance offers me for my heep.

More than it's worth + your time and any setbacks in your project. Also they should provide oompa loompas or another form of free labor to assist you. Make the bitch pay.

More than it's worth + your time and any setbacks in your project. Also they should provide oompa loompas or another form of free labor to assist you. Make the bitch pay.
Yeah I will not let them take advantage of me, I have delt with farmers insurance before. I am going to need a lawyer and already have one lined up if needed.

damn man... i hadent looked at this thred in a week or so. now i want to hurl... so sry man. there are many different versions of "totaled". i havent seen it yet. but have you thaught about trying to save it? that is if the inshurance is paying the bill.just a thaught. im in the bizz if you want to persue it.

once agin soooo sorry man. it was looking good.

Bronze.

Here are some pictures.

IMG_0794.jpg

You can see the frame is bent down right were the hitch mount ends.

IMG_0795.jpg

Same here.

IMG_0796.jpg

IMG_0792.jpg

You can kind of tell there is a big wrinkle in the side body panel.

IMG_0797.jpg

The shackle is hitting the back of the box it sits in.

Back