• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

J Truck D60?

D60's are stupid and a waste of money. Get a 14bolt

Kidding, im another with the E350 60isu, yukon 35 spline shafts, RS disc brakets, spool ect, prob one of the best/easiest axle swaps there is

older E250 D60-ISU axles with drums work too if you can only find those, mine was originally a drum axle and has ruffstuff brackets and discs on it.

Tell me more about your axle, I've got the same one sitting in my garage.

Do you have a part # on the Lockright? Or is it modified from another application? I've searched for lunch box lockers for this axle and haven't been able to come up with anything.

When you converted to discs did you use the bolt on Dana 60 caliper brackets with 3/4 ton Chevy rotors/calipers or did you use a slip on rotor like the newer 99-later stuff?

When you converted to discs did you use the bolt on Dana 60 caliper brackets with 3/4 ton Chevy rotors/calipers or did you use a slip on rotor like the newer 99-later stuff?

not 100% sure on Adams but mine is a rs bracket extented .25" with the chevy caliper and the ford slip on rotor(brackets has to be extended to clear the bigger rotor)

My lock right is a standard 35 spline d60 one magically stuffed into the c-clip housing. The dude who built the axle told me it's a secret. He's kinda crazy and it works great (it does unload kinda harsh, but that's to be expected) so I just left it at that.

Idk what brand (I didn't get them) but I have weld on brackets with chevy c10/Jeep waggy calipers, caprice police pkg pads, and ford rotors.

What do you guys consider a "good deal" on a stock D60 ISU? I know avaliability and such and region, but at what price is it a heck yes buy it?

i think the going rate in the NE is ~$300 for em. i bought mine with the lockright, gears installed, diff cover, disc brake brackets and rotors for a grand with like 10 miles on the thing so i cant really comment much more than that.

Leave the front (or make the front with parts you have) 8 lug, and find a D60 from a ford or dodge truck (just make sure it's not the old coarse-spline model) or a 14 bolt from a 3/4 ton chevy. All are cheap and plentiful, you should be able to get one for 100-200 bucks locally. Disc brake conversions for each of these are easy and relatively inexpensive using half ton GM calipers, K2500 front rotors and aftermarket brackets.

What do you guys consider a "good deal" on a stock D60 ISU? I know avaliability and such and region, but at what price is it a heck yes buy it?

200 tops for a drum brake axle 400 for a disc brake axle(300-350 if it needs brakes)

not 100% sure on Adams but mine is a rs bracket extented .25" with the chevy caliper and the ford slip on rotor(brackets has to be extended to clear the bigger rotor)

My lock right is a standard 35 spline d60 one magically stuffed into the c-clip housing. The dude who built the axle told me it's a secret. He's kinda crazy and it works great (it does unload kinda harsh, but that's to be expected) so I just left it at that.

Idk what brand (I didn't get them) but I have weld on brackets with chevy c10/Jeep waggy calipers, caprice police pkg pads, and ford rotors.

Thanks for the responses, I was planning on going with weld on brackets and either Ford or Dodge slip on rotors but was curious what else might work.

You've got me really curious about that lockright now, I wonder if it's been modified at all or if there is just enough room to get the c-clips in when you assemble it.

I paid $200 for mine, semi-float complete with drum brakes. Search car-part.com and start calling the yards and making offers on the axles without a listed price.

Thanks for the responses, I was planning on going with weld on brackets and either Ford or Dodge slip on rotors but was curious what else might work.

You've got me really curious about that lockright now, I wonder if it's been modified at all or if there is just enough room to get the c-clips in when you assemble it.

I paid $200 for mine, semi-float complete with drum brakes. Search car-part.com and start calling the yards and making offers on the axles without a listed price.

forgot to add mine were ruffstuff D70 brackets, you can see where i cut em, the press marks were a perfect line to cut on, i used 5/15 rod to space and welded em back up

308635_2418331930680_1917114197_n.jpg

379610_2420458023831_1022830226_32786092_1367261620_n.jpg

i actually got the ruffstuff D70 simple swap kit aswell, it made the swap, well easy :D

older E250 D60-ISU axles with drums work too if you can only find those, mine was originally a drum axle and has ruffstuff brackets and discs on it.

What brac/

Yea the tubes are huge on the isu, you need the d70 kit

/nevermind.
Still trying to come up with a bracket to mount the 99-05 c-clip dual pistons on my '94 drum full floater.
I was hoping the whole backing plate would work, to use the parking brake but it didn't.
The Ford rotor is perfect tho, are you guys using the Chevy caliper or...

What brac/

/nevermind.
Still trying to come up with a bracket to mount the 99-05 c-clip dual pistons on my '94 drum full floater.
I was hoping the whole backing plate would work, to use the parking brake but it didn't.
The Ford rotor is perfect tho, are you guys using the Chevy caliper or...

the ruffstiff brackets are for the gm calipers, and we use the ford slipon rotors, to run the ford calipers you need the ford brackets, for spring pads ect you need d70 stuff as thece axles basicly have 70 outers

i think most said chevy caliper. 3/4 ton.

but from my understanding, you could use the 1/2 ton, as they mount the same.
i said that in regards to this thread i was linked to:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/b...4-chevy-brakes-waggy-brakes-included-1195206/

the ruffstiff brackets are for the gm calipers, and we use the ford slipon rotors, to run the ford calipers you need the ford brackets, for spring pads ect you need d70 stuff as thece axles basicly have 70 outers
would that mean that i could run 1/2 ton calipers front and rear?

one thing i havent thought to address yet, but i have a '97. will my MC be able to push enough fluid to these calipers, or will i need some upgrading.

you all have moved me...

ill be looking for a D60-ISU this summer, if i can find, there is nothing wrong with a 14 bolt.

gracias.

question...

i now have moabs on my XJ axles. i need new tires this summer. i had planned to sell the moabs for the price of 15" rims (cheaper tires), and pick of some 35s to swap over to 8 lug rims when the full widths are in. will 15s clear a HP44 with chevy knuckles/calipers and the D60-ISU or 14 bolt with disks? or should i hold onto my moabs, and get 16" rims when the full widths go in? yes, i know these axles are a little overkill for 35s, one it gets retired to trailer queen status, ill be looking for some bigger tires, used.

(putting the moabs on a new DD XJ with a BB is kind of a dream of mine)

Back