• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I've searched: rear TJ flair install

I was a non-member for about a month, then I ponied up the cash.
@germanxj:
take it easy man. I applaude your service, but that still doesn't apply here. You busted my balls first buddy. If you're going to toss out quips like "Mr. Spell Check must be bored" then be prepared to take a few back. Thick skin helps a bit around here. as for which post was more worthless, well, I did post a link to an install.

I see this thread heading for the trash can soon, so I'm just here for the ride.

red_01_xj said:
I disagree on us nonmembers being freeloaders...simply for the fact that we have not joined, but we too give advice...for those that arent members all NAXJA is to us is an online forum...to the members it is a nation wide cherokee club...

One day (hopefully this summer) I hope to join, but if there is alot of this bashing of non-members who we would like to be apart of the club then I see no point in it...infact people like 87MANCHE make us non-members not want to join.

Remember you too were once a non-member.....NOW BACK TO TECH

Giving advice to people doesn't pay the bills. Cough up the $600 a month it takes to run this online forum and then you can be a "nonmember" and not a "freeloader".

Would you rather have an online forum with ads and popups? That's what it takes to pay the bills. Until then, find $35 and help out, or quit whining.

And just to be clear, I defend your bill of rights as well, not that that has anything to do with anything.

I sure as he!! didn't think this thread would start a all this, please don't hijack this because there is some helpful stuff here.
I'm not sure how I'm going to even drill the shelf tapers in because I can't get under the flare. If I drill it from the outside there is now way I can get in there straight.

mark and drill all of the holes in the flares....and then mark them on the jeep where while holding the flare in place...remove flares and drill them slightly smaller than the self tapers

then use a 1/4 racet with the proper size head on it and install the flares

it may be best to get self taping with hex heads

I plan on doing this as soon as I can find a set of rear flares

take off the interior panels and use a small drill bit going from the inside out with the flare where you want it on the outside. This gives you a hole through the quarter and the flair. Once that was done I used a 1/4" ratchet and put them on from the outside in viola it done I'll try to post some pics if you guys want

Testosterone spill in post 17

Testosterone spill - we need a cleanup in post 17!
:callme:

Edit: oh I'm sorry - Aisle 16!!

GermanXJ said:
This is for 87MANCHE
Hey jack ass I am in Germany because my family, and I serve my country, and you call me a freeloader. The next time you do anything our bill of rights gives you the ability to do you remember how much of a freeloader my wife, and I are. You may have the God givin right to call me a free loader, but that dosent make it the right thing to do. The NAXJA dosent have a chapter over here so why would I pay to join a club I cant activly participate in. People like you are the reason people in other countries hate us. I have seen it in Japan, Guam, Kosovo, Germany, Poland, Austria, France, Belgium, Luxemburg, Switzerland, Ugoslavia, Afganistan, Saipan, and Spain you open your mouth with out thinking or give any reguard for what other people may think about you. The day a person like you likes me is the day I will know I have become a dork.
So I ask, the next time you think you want to call me a freeloader, Dont.

Don't try to get people to respect you because you serve, I do aswell and could careless if you serve if you come in here talking trash like you did. Manche answered the question, but also gave a reason why the search didn't work. He pays, you don't doesn't mean he has anymore or less right to be here. But in fact he does keep this site going with his membership as do I, there are no other NAXJA members that I know of that even live in Alaska. But I pony up the money to keep the site going and hopefully am able one day to attend a trail ride. But anyway I do like your ziptie idea, thanks for the info.

Tyler-

I haven't done this yet (TJ flares) but there high on the priority list for this spring. I was given an idea by someone (I cant remember who) to use those plastic drywall anchors with some stainless screws. That way if you do get into something that would pull them off they will more or less pop off instead of ripping out the mounts, and doing excessive damage to the fender area.

red_01_xj said:
mark and drill all of the holes in the flares....and then mark them on the jeep where while holding the flare in place...remove flares and drill them slightly smaller than the self tapers

then use a 1/4 racet with the proper size head on it and install the flares

it may be best to get self taping with hex heads

I plan on doing this as soon as I can find a set of rear flares
X2 You can get those short sharpie markers to mark the holes in the flaresa on the body of the Jeep. my 1/4 bolts pull through nicely in case of bind. i never used the tape though as I never thought about it.

Freeloader Doug sends

FIRE, FIRE, FIRE:firedevil :firedevil :firedevil :firedevil :firedevil :firedevil :firedevil :firedevil :firedevil :firedevil :firedevil :firedevil :firedevil :firedevil

Back