• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

It will pay to put the old in..READ IT

DrMoab said:
Thanks for the new sig Cal. :D

If I had a nickle for every time someone quoted me in a forum signature..

Although, I find it mildly creepy that you used bold print.

cal said:
If I had a nickle for every time someone quoted me in a forum signature..

Although, I find it mildly creepy that you used bold print.
My last one was in bold. I just cut and pasted the body of the sig. Didn't think about it turning out that way.

GSequoia said:
You'd be able to buy a shiny new dime?

Yes, but it would be MY dime, all bought and paid for, and only the IRS could take it away from me! I mean shit howdy, with a dime I could buy enough gas to move my jeep from the back lot into the driveway. ;)

GSequoia said:
I trust then it's at about a 30° downgrade?

I was thinking I'd use the engine only long enough to turn the wheels, and then winch it from there.

Ray H said:
Whats the biggest monitary expense of the war in the middleast? Anyone know?
I dont think the war is as expensive as the number make it out to be.
Most of the troops over there would be over here if they werent there. We would still be paying them, feeding them and training them. Anyone who has been in the military knows it doesnt just shut down and go wait in a closet for war. there are huge expenses paid on a daily basis to keep our troops on payroll and to keep their training up to date.
I have to laugh whenever I see huge numbers thrown out there (and people that actually believe them) because after 8 years in the military I can tell you, its not free to have a standing military. My relatively educated guess is you can cut whatever number is fed to you by the media by about 2/3rds and come up with an accurate price tag for the war.

Oh yeah, fat chance the media or democrats are taking the cost of a standing military into consideration when they throw those numbers out there.

Yup, truth there, same with the casualty rate, it's actually higher at home than it is now in Iraq from drunk soldiers driving and training accidents.
Like aircraft carriers going on deployment vs going to war, they still loose at least 15 people a deployment from getting blown overboard by a jet engine or walking into spinning props. The most scary place I have ever been in my life was an aircraft carrier flight deck at nite during air operations walking from an aircraft I came in on to the island carrying my courier bag, at least when we left in the morning we were the only one on the ramp except for the recovery chopper.

scottmcneal said:
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]A president's pension currently is $191,300 per year, until he is 80 years old.[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Assuming the next president lives to age 80, Sen. McCain would receive ZERO pension as he would reach 80 at the end of two terms as president. Sen. Obama would be retired for 26 years after two terms and would receive $4,973,800 in pension.[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Therefore it would certainly make economic sense to elect McCain in November.[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Now that's a non-partisan way to make a decision, isn't it???[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Now this isn't being rude is it?[/FONT]

Ok folks, this is just a joke.. We need to have fun with life.. You never know when it will end, trust me you don't... So try laughing once an awhile... I love to make people laugh.. My 3 cents tonight :laugh3:

JNickel101 said:
My guess would be all the civilian contractors....

yep

Back