• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

It was a Jeep...built in to a camper... I call it "The JEPER"

How does the tongue weight feel ??

I'm not sure I'm feel'n the break over angle, but it's coming along nice...

Curt

So are you going to put a water tank were the gas tank was? If you want to raise it up some then you should get like 92 dodge dakota- a full leaf spring pack cost me like $18 bucks each and you get a over load spring and ride is still smooth. I was going ot make a grill on a reciver mount and that would work great for you and you can mount the tank up top or on the front. I just thought of this you can allways hook the ebrake up and that way if you ever unhook it you can just pull a ebake like in a import stye and the camper would not move even on a sloop.

dude this is looking so awesome!

Gotta link to all the pintle hook stuff?

Here ya go :D

Good to know these are an off-the-shelf item - it'll make the eventual acquisition of the travel trailer much easier.

So today was a good day with the Jeper. It was rain/snow outside and nice in the shop with my new little heater. So anyways on with the update...

Yesterday I got the front upper section cut to fill in the noise on the Jeper. I got the 45deg bend across the bottom done and was all ready for todays install.

bW1jMS9EQ0lNLzEwMExHRENGL0ltYWdlMDEyMTIwMTExMzI5MzUuanBn.jpg

bW1jMS9EQ0lNLzEwMExHRENGL0ltYWdlMDEyMTIwMTExMzI5NDguanBn.jpg

Then it was just a matter of working it in and getting the fit the way I wanted it.
bW1jMS9EQ0lNLzEwMExHRENGL0ltYWdlMDEyMTIwMTExNTI0MjUuanBn.jpg

bW1jMS9EQ0lNLzEwMExHRENGL0ltYWdlMDEyMTIwMTExNTI1MDkuanBn.jpg

Then I started to get it bolted down.
bW1jMS9EQ0lNLzEwMExHRENGL0ltYWdlMDEyMTIwMTExNjE4MTMuanBn.jpg

bW1jMS9EQ0lNLzEwMExHRENGL0ltYWdlMDEyMTIwMTExNjE4MzIuanBn.jpg

Once this is in I'll work on the small side panels. That should be tomorrow....Thanks DH​

How does the tongue weight feel ??

I'm not sure I'm feel'n the break over angle, but it's coming along nice...

Curt
The tongue wt now is about 180lbs. But I have not built anything for the rear yet. I think once the backs done it will help take some wt of the tongue. My goal it 200lbs when loaded.

As for the break over angle, I'm lifting the two rig and the trailer to match. So it sould be about 3-4 inchs taller when I'm done. I also have a set of rock sliders/steps in mind the "help" slide over things if needed. Any ideas you got will help Thanks DH

The tongue wt now is about 180lbs. But I have not built anything for the rear yet. I think once the backs done it will help take some wt of the tongue. My goal it 200lbs when loaded.

As for the break over angle, I'm lifting the two rig and the trailer to match. So it sould be about 3-4 inchs taller when I'm done. I also have a set of rock sliders/steps in mind the "help" slide over things if needed. Any ideas you got will help Thanks DH

I like the "slider" idea maybe some angle along the lower front edge, along the side a ways and on the upright front/side edge... how about fastening the rear foot or so of the fenders back on in front of the doors for a finished look... I'd keep the underside as flush as possible with the frame rails.
Maybe you were already planning something like that ???
Actually the angle might not work due to the rounded section on the inside of the angle...
Old rad. hoses cut and secured to the inside of the lunette & pintle help quite the rattle ???

Congrats on the progress... it looks cool... I need to get to crack'n on mine...

Curt

Nice to see a couple more s Idaho people on here nice trailer, been thinking about doing this for a while. We should get a S idaho trip together, one of these days see how many of us there are.

John

Hey. Love the thread. I have been toying with the same idea. I have a spare cherokee for parts and was thinking of making a trailer out of mine. Its looking good though man. When I finally get around to building mine I think im gonna cut the cargo area off and have a small truck bed out of it. But still have all 4 Doors on like you have for enclosed cargo area.

I'm here in emmett ID and I would be up for a trip so drop me a PM if you guys do it.

I almost did a jeep I rolled two years ago like this but I didnt want to move the back axel forward and thought it would have too much tongue weight. I built a trailer a few years ago and I had to move the axels back to get the tongue weight right because it would wip at speed. But pulling a trailer with my jeep with the life I coundt have too much or it lifts to front end up and it get light in the front.

Let us know how it pulls when loaded and done I would like to see this in person someday if it works out good luck

I would love to show it off when I'm closer to being done. I haven't worked on it a lot lately, the wife just got a new motorcycle so that's taking alot of my time right now. But I hope to have more work done this weekend. DH

Sorry guys. things have been craxy around here. I had to get the boys room painted and start getting bike ready for the riding season. I'll try and hope to work on it some more this weekend. If i do i'll post up for sure. Thanks DH

Back