• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is removing ABS from a vehicle illegal for inspections?

The simple solution is to not pull the fuses and not get into an internet debate...

I just removed the ABS light on the concole and left the fuses in...

no issues yet...

i put in a dana 44 and removed the ABS ( cut the line at the top of the undercarrage, haha) and just removed the front cables, and removed the ABS system fuse. passed VA inspection. I would seriously doubt they would pop your fuse box and see that fuse missing and see that you have no more ABS lines(unless the light is on in the cab [ABS] which can be cut or disconnected. the way i figure, they made XJ's in 98 with 8.25's and no ABS. so why cant i take out a safety feature that came on my 96 but didnt come on all of them? just my .02

Here in PA (strict inspection for the most part) there have been a few who have pulled the wiring, sensors, and knocked the tone rings off and pulled the fuses with no inspection failures yet.

Back