• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is it illegal to hang a flag on a car in california!?

JoshXJJEEP

NAXJA Forum User
Question, is it illegal to hang a flag in the back of a car in California?
I live in San Diego and before I get pulled over I would like to know if its a hazard or illegal. I looked all over Google and dmv and couldnt find anything

Thanks.

I know in Ramona there is a group of guys that run HUGE American flags off the back of their trucks. And I have seem them doing this for a few years now so I'm sure the cops have seen it and they don't appear to mind.

The rearview of a vehicle may be obstructed as long as you have both left and right sideview mirrors that allow you a rearview of at least 200ft.

C.V.C 26708(b)(8)

When I lived in Sacramento the Mexicans all had them

When I lived in Sacramento the Mexicans all had them

They seem to have more rights than the rest of that were born here though.

Aren't the US Flag laws much stricter in what can be done with our flag over what other countries allow to be done with theirs?
Probably, but OP did not specify a particular flag.

Aren't the US Flag laws much stricter in what can be done with our flag over what other countries allow to be done with theirs?
US Code specifies a number of things that are prohibited (such as clothing made to resemble the US flag) and they seem to be pretty much ignored and unenforced.

US Code specifies a number of things that are prohibited (such as clothing made to resemble the US flag) and they seem to be pretty much ignored and unenforced.

The flag code also clearly says you can not deface a flag but every postage stamp with a flag gets defaced by a crude stamp over it then thrown in the trash....

I read the flag code several years ago when a big debate fired up on another forum, it was interesting and changed how I look at and treat the flag(in any form).

All regarding the american flag of course.

Back