• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

iPad

I'm betting this product hits it big with the professional photographers who do a lot of wedding and portrait work.

Great display and enough storage for a good size project. Video guys will like it too I'm betting.

12646285031264628274705.jpg

I think I'd break that thing in 5 minutes.

I'm betting this product hits it big with the professional photographers who do a lot of wedding and portrait work.

Great display and enough storage for a good size project. Video guys will like it too I'm betting.

without the ability to run any real software its kind of useless for professionals.
only 'apps'

no photoshop, no final cut, etc...

I love my iTouch, but it's size is one of the most appealing aspects. The fact that it does so much in such a small package is amazing. I've got pretty big hands, but I can't think of a way to utilize the iPad in a way that I wouldn't constantly feel as though I could drop it at any moment. It's cheaper than I figured it'd be when I first saw pics, though I'd be devastated if I dropped and damaged it.
I resisted Apple for years - didn't even want an iPod when my Mom offered to buy me one for Christmas a few years ago. Too much money for something I planned to use while mountain biking, didn't want to get it wet, etc... And the Sansa Fuse I bought for riding works perfect. But after trying out an iPhone, then my Mom's iTouch, I changed my tune. I've had mine for over a year, it's easily one of the coolest, most problem-free gadgets I've ever owned. I'm now convinced that if you're an iDevice hater, you've either never tried one, you didn't give it a chance or couldn't figure it out, or you're a tech snob that simply hates Apple.

I love my iTouch, but it's size is one of the most appealing aspects. The fact that it does so much in such a small package is amazing. I've got pretty big hands, but I can't think of a way to utilize the iPad in a way that I wouldn't constantly feel as though I could drop it at any moment. It's cheaper than I figured it'd be when I first saw pics, though I'd be devastated if I dropped and damaged it.
I resisted Apple for years - didn't even want an iPod when my Mom offered to buy me one for Christmas a few years ago. Too much money for something I planned to use while mountain biking, didn't want to get it wet, etc... And the Sansa Fuse I bought for riding works perfect. But after trying out an iPhone, then my Mom's iTouch, I changed my tune. I've had mine for over a year, it's easily one of the coolest, most problem-free gadgets I've ever owned. I'm now convinced that if you're an iDevice hater, you've either never tried one, you didn't give it a chance or couldn't figure it out, or you're a tech snob that simply hates Apple.

yeah, i think the ipad is a pretty sweet device, actually.
imagine seeing pics of one a decade ago - its so 'the future!'

80 percent of the things you want to do with the internet would be sweet on an ipad.
but dang, sucks you cant draw with a stylus.
i think many people would love to have one - professionals or mainstream consumers alike.
people who make livings using computers will need a real computer to do real work with, though.

i personally have a mac and a pc at home, and do different things with them.
it is silly to hate something for what name it has on it, or what name it doesnt have.

I run FreeBSD on my desktop, and prefer to build my systems full-custom and save, oh, a few thousand dollars. The only reason I'd get a Mac is if I wanted to run OS X... and I prefer FreeBSD. Call me a FreeBSD zealot if you want :wierd:

I got my new phone (a blackberry 8820) for 50 dollars with my new cell contract. My last phone (a blackberry 7105) cost me 35 dollars with no contract, purchased on ebay. Both do pretty much exactly what I want them to, I don't like touchscreens really, I prefer real tactile feedback from an actual keypad. I actually preferred the 7105's half-qwerty keyboard to the 8820's full-qwerty because the buttons were only about a quarter the size of my thumbs rather than an eighth or so, it was easier to type on.

I prefer to spend my excess income on Jeep parts rather than expensive designer consumer electronics. It goes a lot farther there - parts from the early 90s are still useful, instead of being hopelessly obsolete, and cost a LOT less! Sue me. :moon:

without the ability to run any real software its kind of useless for professionals.
only 'apps'

That will be hacked the first week it's out.

Apple's been trying to get people to buy their devices because no one will buy their computer. I admit to owning an Apple Ipod, there simply isn't another MP3 player that's better. I've held a Itouch and a Iphone, both bother me. I hate a greasy screen, and it's difficult keeping both of them clean. So, Apple figures they figure they'll sell you each piece, and all together it'll all equal a PC.

only 'apps'

There will be plenty of Apps to run slideshows and programs made specifically for this tablet. I promise you.

I listen to a lot of tech shows and a lot of photography podcasts. Right now its the photography guys who seem the most excited.

That being said...I won't own one. :D

There will be plenty of Apps to run slideshows and programs made specifically for this tablet. I promise you.

I listen to a lot of tech shows and a lot of photography podcasts. Right now its the photography guys who seem the most excited.

That being said...I won't own one. :D

right - looking at photos you have taken will be slicker than snot on a doorknob!

modification of images via actual tools like photoshop is not supported.

also - no stylus support? this severely limits your ability to do cool things - like draw.

who, over the age of 2, draws with their fingers?

but don't get me wrong - this device is very cool - and i WOULD own one if i had the cash.

Man! We had a real fun thread going, and you guys went all serious,....

I can play it that way. Serious :D (I can try anyway.)

To be honest, it looks kind of intriguing. Lack of a stylus will suck(I'm getting ready to dump my mouse and track ball for a pad/stylus on the desktop machine.)
Me,.. I'm waiting for at least a year. After watching how bad the first iphone buyers got screwed, I figure after about 4-5 months, they'll drop the base model, and lower the price on the others by a hundred bucks each. A year will also give them time to roll out all the "upgrades" they disabled in the 1st gen. machines, and a chance for the app producers to get up to speed.

Then I'll see if it's worth getting.

No, I'm not an "early adopter"

(Really, the iboob would be cool!)

right - looking at photos you have taken will be slicker than snot on a doorknob!

Actually I think this is why photographers and like I said especially the guys who do weddings and portraits will be excited. I read a blog today where a guy was saying he has sold over 20 projects from his iPhone. This device should be even better for that I would think.

I'd like to get one, but 16 gb is wayy to small and the larger ones are too expensive.

For that size they should have bigger hd's. Start at at least 30, then move up to maybe 120...

But thats just my opinion.

Back