• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Iowa meet & greet #3

nick86

NAXJA Forum User
I'm thinking it's time once again to start planning for one. Not wanting to wait for winter and driving home in a blizzard again. Can we do one this summer? Nothing too soon as my junk is fubared & not ready for a trip to Des Moines yet. I'll let Collin or Tyler set the place, but let's start talking about the date.

There is a couple new nouthern boys up my way that inquired & would like to attend a meet & greet. It would be nice to hook up with new & old friends.

michael

Sounds good to me. Sometime in early-mid July would work best for me. Des Moines works good for me since it is liek 2-2.5 hour drive for me. I will talk with Collin to see what works for him as well. I agree, the winter sucks ass. I think there is a palce in Iowa that we might be able to hold a M&G and wheel. I will do some inquiring into that as well. But even if that does not materialize, I am game for meting up and grabbing a bite to eat and shooting the breeze. I have a few new guys in this area that might be able to make it up as well. 97Country (Jeremy) finally got his rig done, so I am sure he is game if he does not have to work.

I might be able to show up pick a place and we will have to see

Tyler where are you thinking about wheeling places I could bring it up at our next meeting. The only thing would be insurance and getting the land owners permission and what not but i don’t no if or what will come from this. But I can ask and see what happens.

Watson-I was thinking that there was a place in west central Iowa that some guys were talking about that was open to teh public for "pay-to-play" wheeling. I was going to do a little research on it. I did not think about Dan's due to insuracne etc., but if that could be a possibility, that would be awesome. If you dont mind checking into that as one possibility, it would be appreciated. Be good to see ya again, and even better to wheel with ya again :thumbup:

I would love to try some wheeling & try out the the lockers front & rear. I just gotta get the front end alignment fixed before I can take her out on the interstate.

I might put her on the alignment rack again this weekend. 10 degrees caster is just really bad to drive a long distance on.

I am good with pretty much any weekend in July. I am putting one of our cars in Goodguy's the weekend of the 4th, so that one might be a little iffy, but aside from that I can do whenever. Say the weekend of the 11th-12th?

I was kind of leaning towards that weekend myself.

I got some vacation saved up, so I would just be happy to get out of the shop for a sat. Maybe even a Friday & stay at my brothers. Maybe I can get the g/f to come(she's NOT into 4 wheeling or Jeeps) , If not I'll drag the bro along again.

Can anyone tell me if going from 2 inch to 4 inch lift will cause the slip joint to slid out too far to be safe? Also anyone with 4 inch lift, is 7 degrees caster(stock spec's) ok ?

On a side note I would rather take my CJ down to show Collin what he gave up, LOL.

one other option would be to talk to the guys with JOCCI they also have some land that they use for there club but once again we're going to have to deal with ins. and so on.

just putting this out there.

I am good with pretty much any weekend in July. I am putting one of our cars in Goodguy's the weekend of the 4th, so that one might be a little iffy, but aside from that I can do whenever. Say the weekend of the 11th-12th?

OK so just how big is your friggin garage Collin? You've got 4 vehicles by yourself! :D

Collin, you sportin the Packard at Goodguys?? I dig that ride :thumbup: more so then the Porsche possibly...OK, now back on topic...

Mike-you will be fine at 4" of lift w/ your slip yoke. It may cause ya some driveline vibes, but it should not "fall out". Ideally you will want a SYE, but I understand about building a rig on a budget. Collin wheeled his rig at WF w/ a stock rear DS w/o a SYE, hell, he drove it there and back!

I am just happy with coils and adj. control arms I bought from folks on NAXJA. But I tried to do a bastard pack in the rear to get rid of the lift blocks, AND I only netted 2 inches, so now my rig looks like I'm driving around with a chit load of bricks in the back.

I'm down for the weekend after the fourth of july(going wheeling that weekend). If its in DSM I might try to hook the tail lights back up and drive the '2dr' but if its too far from the shop ill sling it on the trailer(jeeps not happy going over 30mph in 2wd)...andy...miobi.org

Sounds good Andy, it will be good to see ya again, it has been a while. I too will probably trailer the rig if it is too far away due to it mainly being a trail rig only now.

Count me in.

We are doing a 4x4 Day in Ankeny on June 20th at a new place (Lucky Pub & Grub). If doing it at a place we can wheel also doesn't work I will let everyone know how Lucky's is (if a place hasn't been set by then).

Coleman

Would rather keep it in dsm, and around my side of town. Haha...andy...miobi.org
It's too bad they closed Rookie's, that place worked out awesome. I want to see your CJ Michael, please bring it!

Hey guys (and gals?) I was looking at the calander and I forgot that I have to leave for Detroit on the 12th of July, so that weekend would only leave me able to make it on the 11th of July, which is a Saturday. So with that being said, I vote for having it on that Saturday, the 11th of July. Time and place to be determined, but I am fine w/ a setting like Rookies was for our last gathering. A wheeling trip would be ideal, but honestly a long shot due to many different things. I am not familiar with the gathering spots in DSM as much as you locals are, so I will throw this out there for the DSM locals to make suggestions of a good meeting (and greeting) spot. As much as I like BWW or Hooters, it takes away from the social aspect of the M&G. I am too demanding I guess, b/c my only major requirement is that the place serves cold beer...other then that I am pretty easy to get along with :D Also, i am not a sports nut, so I am not sure if any sports are going on that time of year besides baseball, but dont want to get caught in a place w/ a big sporting event going on like we encountered at the BWW gathering (no finger pointing, just stating the facts :D) So with all my babbling aside, let do this.....

Back