• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Inverted T steering dead spot fix??

Jes, what high steer arms do you have?? How do you like the front Ox Locker? I have a D44 that I am ready to weld the bracketry on and need to determine what steering setup I am gonna go with. Your inverted T high steer looks good. Just want to make sure I go with high steer arms that are proven. There are so many out there to choose from, makes it difficult.

Parts Mike or OTT make the best arms on the market, in my opinion.

PM also makes the best knuckles to date.

When Crane releases their new 4 bolt knuckles and arms, PM may be eclipsed.

1toughxj said:
Jes, what high steer arms do you have?? How do you like the front Ox Locker? I have a D44 that I am ready to weld the bracketry on and need to determine what steering setup I am gonna go with. Your inverted T high steer looks good. Just want to make sure I go with high steer arms that are proven. There are so many out there to choose from, makes it difficult.

Those are PartsMike knuckles and hi steer arms.
I've run OX lockers for 4 years or so. Never had a problem with the Dana30 unit but had an incedent with that Dana44 unit. All the carrier bolts backed out causing a mess off metal shavings in the diff and ruining the oil slinger. Luckily nothing else was messed up. Some tack welds on the new bolts, a new oil slinger, and some fresh lube was all that was needed to fix it.
As far as operation, I've never had any problems with it. Always locks or unlocks when I flip the lever.

Oh, and as far as new knuckles, Dedenbear's new junk is coming out soon. ;)

Talked to Parts Mike today. I am gonna send in my passenger side knuckle to get it machined and have him send back the high steer arms with hardware and the tie rod and drag link ends. Gonna be about $500 but I guess I should do it right the first time.

1toughxj said:
Talked to Parts Mike today. I am gonna send in my passenger side knuckle to get it machined and have him send back the high steer arms with hardware and the tie rod and drag link ends. Gonna be about $500 but I guess I should do it right the first time.
good choice

Back