• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Internal Balancing

When you buy a brand new tire the heavy side of the tire is marked and you typically put that opposite of the valve stem.

depends on tire....

red dot goes WITH valve stem.

yellow dot goes opposite if possible....

some have one or other, some have both.....

dont think the mtrs do tho.

spinning the tires 180 can help a lot as well.
if you go back in, ask if you can watch the tires as they balance them/spin em. then you can see in which direction the tire/wheel combo is moving. if its side to side, up and down, or just one spot that is out of whack

so you are ignoring the science of this method.

i run the air soft in everything i own, including my dually

you alomost can't have too much of the BBs, they will fill in the bad spot balancing the tire, any excess bbs will then distribute themselves evenly around a balanced tire,

i usually run 1/2 a large can of the .12 weighted pellets or 1/2 a smaller can of the .25 weighted pellets.

do not try and match what was on the tire in lead weight, more is better, if you use exactly what was on the tire in lead then there is no way to have a balanced tire if you were to tear off a lug or two on the trail.

personally i would not use the copper bbs

if you are having bouncing tires with the bbs them you are not running enough of them. or you have another issue that has surfaced coincidentally

I used zinc bb's in my Maxxis Mudders and had great results. However when I bought my KM2's I tried the same thing and had crappy results. I tried different amounts of bb's with no positive results. I finally got really tired of the wobble and had them balenced with stick-on weights..... no more problem!

Back