• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Intake Manifold swap?

irish1281

NAXJA Forum User
I've been looking on here for a write up on the 99+ intake manifold swap. I have a 97 Country and stripped the bolts on my stock throttle body, so now I'm looking at switching to the 99+ intake, but can't find the write up on here. Maybe it's because i'm tired and my eyes are starting to hurt. If you all could help me find it it would be great.

Thanks, Josh

Google "intake manifold swap site:naxja.org". I used Lloyd's writeup when doing mine, but his pictures are no longer up. I think I have the pictures saved, but all the info is out there if you can narrow your searches down a bit. HTH.

edit: Lloyd's thread won't help much if you aren't swapping exhaust manifolds too.

Last edited:
I've been looking on here for a write up on the 99+ intake manifold swap. I have a 97 Country and stripped the bolts on my stock throttle body, so now I'm looking at switching to the 99+ intake, but can't find the write up on here. Maybe it's because i'm tired and my eyes are starting to hurt. If you all could help me find it it would be great.

Thanks, Josh
gonna be a direct boltup for you besides re routing a couple vacum lines. real easy. with that being said i did the swap on my 98 and it made no difference

Yep, 1997+ is just swap by unbolting the old and bolting on the new. The worse for mine was that I had to lengthen the wires on the intake temperature sensor connector.

The difference is in the "high speed" operation of the engine. The curved runners provide a better path for the air charge and engine manners improve at highway speeds.

Keep in mind here that the Jeep Engineers made the change for a reason. They did not spend the bucks on the new design so it could do "nothing"...

I have done two of these swaps. Firstly on the '97 I had back in '01 and my current '98. In the case of the '98, the manifold was in place for all of three months before it came out again to make way for the supercharger.

In both cases, was happy with the results.

Thanks everyone. The one thing that I've read about and not exactly sure how to do is the fuel pressure. One that I found said something about uping it to 49psi and the other thing is about modding the header. Just wondering.

You will use your existing rail and injectors... No need to do anything beyond swap them over. That bit about the different pressure is for earlier models. If you are running an aftermarket header, you might need to clearance it. That's covered in a few threads as well.

And unless you really trashed it, I'd think you could drill and tap the manifold/throttle body for a slightly larger bolt.

Last edited:
gonna be a direct boltup for you besides re routing a couple vacum lines. real easy. with that being said i did the swap on my 98 and it made no difference
exactly what this guy says.. No major difference but will help if you care to have it dynoed or really know what your vehicle is capable of, that said, the only way to get the full benefits of this are supporting mods, exhaust, cai, oversized tb, I did this years ago .

Back