• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

insurance for jeeps

Hmmm... was I suppose to inform my insurance company when I lifted my Jeep and took off the sway bars and put larger tires on it?

I never even thought about doing that...

did you go through mercury directly or did you use a insurance broker?

I use a Mercury Agent.

For my 06 Accord and my 94 XJ I pay 135/month.

24 no tickets/accidents.

I use a Mercury Agent.

For my 06 Accord and my 94 XJ I pay 135/month.

24 no tickets/accidents.

AIS insurance got me a quote for Mercury for 260 for 6 months. That covers my 88 civic and the 91 XJ. Im 30 so i guess after 25 the cost of insurance goes down. woo hoo!

I have explorer insurance for my jeep. Its 52$ a month for liability.

And thats for a 19 year old with a clean record.

and a nice fat speeding ticket :anon:

1. The cop was a prick, he knows it and I did my best to make sure he knows it, I was doing the flow of traffic, he just targeted me because my race

2. I paid the little extra on the ticket, traffic school here I come!!!

1. The cop was a prick, he knows it and I did my best to make sure he knows it, I was doing the flo of traffic, he just targeted me because my race

2. I paid the little extra on the ticket, traffic school here I come
lol yeah man ure the whitest mexican ;).:wantyou:

i have progressive and never had any problems with me my wife a 99 expedition AWD (full coverage)and my xj were right at $100/mo.

Lifted Jeeps are like the military's policy. Don't ask, don't tell. I have mine insured thru the regular auto, I just told them it is 4wd it is $60 per month. They will not cover the mods to it anyway. I have full coverage, just to cover my loss in the event of the roll.

I had lunch with my Erie Ins rep, and talked to him about my Jeep and mods. He said that I'm covered except for mods, but most OEM parts rival the cost of aftermarket parts.

Another concern I always had was, "what if I rolled it off road, would I be covered?" He said that when I insured it they knew it was a JEEP and that they are built to go off road and I was covered.

I don't know if this helps you guys much though because company policies differ I'm sure, and I think Erie Ins. is regional to the Midwest.

I'm with BeamMeUp with silence typically, however I own a business and have to protect it with high liability protection and full disclosure to my agent so my situation is a little different, but even if I was just a homeowner with maybe 10% or more equity in my house I'd want to protect that personal wealth with sound coverage.

Just my 2 cents....

Back