• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

insurance for jeeps

i went from age 18-24 driving under the radar.... due to losing my liscense, minimally, but still.
when i finally paid off one of the tickets (two dissapeared over the 4-5 year period, never paid em)
i was rewarded with a COMPLETELY clean dmv record! No points! gotta love the dmv

TwistedcaB said:
im 17 and have a 6" lift on mine. not sure on the insurance company. but then again they dont know. and what they dont know wont hurt em haha.

haha thats the attitude i had till i found out if i got in an accident the insurance company can straight up deny you, then your out of a jeep, and money to buy a new one/fix the one in the crash... so i decided to just be honest and tell them, will definitely pay off if anything happens.

ManBearPig said:
I had 6 speeding tickets within a 2-3 yr period. Right now after 2 yrs with them I have 1 speeding ticket and one "not at fault" accident affecting my rate. The coolest thing is that after my accident my rates didnt go up, and every 6 mo my premiums have gone down signifficantly. Right now I have full coverage on my focus and liability on the jeep all for 125 /mo for the next six mo. Also XJ's are registered as station wagons so that helps with rates.

dang...thats what im hoping happens. i have tickets, but they are starting to fall off right now.

I use to have Geico, then I switched to AAA and saved a ton of money on my car insurance. I got 3 vehicles and two drivers and it's pretty cheap, but they're old vehicles, and I don't have much coverage on em. They also think my Jeep is stock. But I get good driver discounts, older then you, multi-vehicle discounts, and discounts for being a long standing member.

I have USAA I pay 88 a month for full coverage on my avalanche and liability on the jeep. I used to have full coverage on the jeep but took it off because I was penny pinching.

I have allstate and pay 77 a month. I have never had an insurance compnay ask me if my truck was lifted. Are they suppose to do that?? I am jus curious because like I said I have never heard of them asking that.

tigerShark said:
call progressive. dont tell them its lifted.

no its not smart to do that. if you get in an accident they will say ur jeep is unsafe, and because it is lifted it caused more damage, and hurt the people more, which is understandable if you think about it. if you just be honest, they will call you out and you will have it inspected, and they will insure it if it is safe. that way, ur good in an accident either way.

89cherokeexj said:
I have allstate and pay 77 a month. I have never had an insurance compnay ask me if my truck was lifted. Are they suppose to do that?? I am jus curious because like I said I have never heard of them asking that.

well i am getting allstate on moday/tuesday (thanks to dean), and yes you are suppose to tell them it has a lift. when you tell them that you will go to a local agent and get like a 5 minute inspection, once you pass that, you are good and insured safely, lol.. but i discussed not telling them it has a lift with a couple insurance companies. and they said if you dont tell the m and get in a accident, they can straight up deny you of everything, then you are screwed. so i was just honest. haha

alek21 said:
well i am getting allstate on moday/tuesday (thanks to dean), and yes you are suppose to tell them it has a lift. when you tell them that you will go to a local agent and get like a 5 minute inspection, once you pass that, you are good and insured safely, lol.. but i discussed not telling them it has a lift with a couple insurance companies. and they said if you dont tell the m and get in a accident, they can straight up deny you of everything, then you are screwed. so i was just honest. haha

Yes you need to be honest. The first thing they will do when you make a claim is try to find a way out of paying it. Don't make it easy for them by lying! They will find out.
I have had great experiences with Allstate. I was paid out well when I wracked up my lifted XJ. They covered the full amount of the vehicle plus $1000 in aftermarket parts (wheels, tires, lift, etc) as long as I had proof of purchase.
rolled_yellow.jpg

I still have coverage with them on the vehicle after I bought it back salvaged. They didn't care as long as it was registered.

i think certain companies have different allowances for lifts. some will only insure to a certain height. what heights have you guys heard?

tigerShark said:
i think certain companies have different allowances for lifts. some will only insure to a certain height. what heights have you guys heard?

well the last place we were with would only allow a 3" lift, so we are moving to allstate, very good customer service and get your quotes to you fast, all i have to do before they insure me is get it inspected.

Thanks for this thread, I'm going to call my agent and list the mods with him. I have experience with Progressive (with Erie now) I had a 4 wheeler stolen, and they denied the claim. Apparently I "had too many points on my license to be covered". I thought that was funny since I told my agent, who carried my automobile policy for a couple years at that time, to pull a report because I was unsure of dates and citations.

I was told by lawyers it cost me more then the 4 wheeler was worth $5,200 to fight their decision. They have the best adjusters (best at screwing the customer) the guy was so good he was even cocky about it.

Progressive Insurance
"adding insult to injury since 1937"

Oh and I forgot to mention I still owed like $3,700 on it and I always paid my insurance premuims on time. I was like 18 or 19 so it took me years to pay it off (I was never late) like 2-3 years I think. Everytime I wrote out a check to make my monthly and looked at my POS car and my POS apartment a hate boiled inside. I'm looking forward to the collaspe of civilazation and a Mad Max style of life, where I will spend my time hunting Ex insurance employees and inflicting a barage of justice on them. Every upgrade to the XJ is to serve in that goal.

FWIW, i have E-surance. I use to pay $304 for 6 mos just on my 88 civic and when i added my rig it only went up another 60 bucks. Cant complain. Though i might be looking into AIS.

I have Mercury, liability only on my XJ. Costs me 10 bucks a month to insure the XJ with my Accord as the primary vehicle.

i went from age 18-24 driving under the radar.... due to losing my liscense, minimally, but still.
when i finally paid off one of the tickets (two dissapeared over the 4-5 year period, never paid em)
i was rewarded with a COMPLETELY clean dmv record! No points! gotta love the dmv

Thats pretty pathetic.

Back