• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Inline 6 Sound

Re: jeep sound = cummins

IXNAYXJ said:
Take out the spark plugs, make the injectors SUPER high pressure, and use diesel fuel...? Buy a CD of diesel motors and play it in your Jeep?

-----Matt-----

even better.... leave the oil out of it for a while let the rod bearings go south and then run some thick oil in it....the rod knock sounds just like a deisel, friend of mine has an mj that, if you can hear over the transmission grinding, sounds like a deisel

shortxjdoug said:
even better.... leave the oil out of it for a while let the rod bearings go south and then run some thick oil in it....the rod knock sounds just like a deisel, friend of mine has an mj that, if you can hear over the transmission grinding, sounds like a deisel
That's a good one too.

XJdbabubadudecherokeeguy: Lighten up. And stop asking such dum questions. :D

-----Matt----

It's not a dumb question to me. I actually am wonderin how to do this w/o hurting my jeep . i know its been done. i know that some people will think i'm stupid but like every body says "to each their own" and i have my own. And i"m not tryin to be a hard A$$. i just want an honest answer like most people do. I also know im a newb but i did a search and this is what i came up with.

Last edited:
daxjbubba said:
It's not a dumb question to me. I actually am wonderin how to do this w/o hurting my jeep . i know its been done. i know that some people will think i'm stupid but like every body says "to each their own" and i have my own. And i"m not tryin to be a hard A$$. i just want an honest answer like most people do. I also know im a newb but i did a search and this is what i came up with.
IXNAYXJ said:
XJdbabubadudecherokeeguy: Lighten up. :D

-----Matt----

I was thinking about the jeep inline 6 today as i was driving out of my parking lot. It does have it's own sound. It's hard to describe...i've owned many V-6s...the I-6 just sounds like a Jeep :).

planefixer said:
Just get that special exhaust system everyones talking about.It'll make people think you have a jet engine in your XJ.
Don't they all come with cracked exhaust manifolds?

daxjbubba said:
How do you make a jeep sound like a cummins. ive heard one or two of them with mods and they sounded like a cummins and thats how i want my jeep to sound. What do i do to make it sound like that.
muffler, injectors,Etc.

Wow. i just read what i said and mando i feel like a dumbA$$. that was one stupid a$$ question. im sorry for the "to each their own" schpiel. that was 1:00 talkin

Last edited:
"it's like woooo wooooooooooo....'know what im sayin!?"

I love how when "bubb rub" and "lil sis" are showin it off on the "ride" they take off in oncomming traffic, nearly hit a car turning onto the street, and completely blow through a stop sign....ALL on TV.

"thats only in the monin...you posed to be up cookin breakfast fo someone...it's like an alarmclock....WOOO WOOOOOOO!!!"

LMAO

Back