• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Injector Swap Writeup for the 4.0L

They were installed when I received them. Going to take everything apart tomorrow and check them out. I put some oil on the O rings but pushing them into the rail did take a little persuasion, I might have pinched one, I hope it is that simple.

Leave it on. It sticks into the manifold, not the cylinder...

So... say sombody recently did this swap... and pulled those little plastic pieces off before installing the injectors as he thought they were just protective caps. Let's say that person has been running them without issue for a couple weeks. Should that person be concerned? What is the function of those plastic pieces?

So... say sombody recently did this swap... and pulled those little plastic pieces off before installing the injectors as he thought they were just protective caps. Let's say that person has been running them without issue for a couple weeks. Should that person be concerned? What is the function of those plastic pieces?

Can you identify this person? LOL.

I don't know. A Google search could yield some results for ya.

do not remove the plastic pintle caps. They are there to keep the oring in place and position the injector within the cylinder

Can you identify this person? LOL.

So… uhhh... I told the guy to contact the company he bought them from and order some new pintle caps…

He has not decided if he should pull the injectors and put the caps on, as there are conflicting articles on wether they are needed...

Considering that the stock injectors, at least on mine, did not have the pintle caps and this guy you know has been running them with no problems I wouldn't bother installing them. Says the guy who had to pull his fuel rail assembly again today. Found the number 3 O ring was the problem, I apparently pinched it when I pushed it up into the rail which put a small indentation across the O ring body, apparently that was enough to allow the gas to leak. Installed a new O ring, reinstalled the fuel rail, fired her up, all is well. Whew!

Looking for a little help. I've been reading about injectors here and on Cherokee Forum until I really do think I'm blue in the face.

I'm restoring a 92' on a rotisserie and have the floor pans done, engine and trans out and painted.
This is more or less a stock build with Old man Emu 2" lift. No big tires.etc.

I'm an old guy, been there done that. I can look at plugs and rejet a carb, but this is my first time modifying a F.I. engine. I'm looking for maximum "driveability", with a low to mid-range hp increase.

My thoughts are:

1. Borla long tube headers, with 2.5" Cat., pipe, and muffler.

2. Port matching the head and manifold to the gasket.

3. Mopar purple camshaft, [Camshaft, Lifters, Hydraulic Flat Tappet, Advertised Duration 240/240, Lift .430/.430, Jeep, 4.0L, Kit] with lifters and springs.] 900-4800 rpm.

4. Modified stock airbox with highflow flat filter. [inlet to box extended to opening in rad.support].

5. 62mm throttle body

6. Neon 703 injectors

7. High flow water pump.

Here are my questions;
Will the 703's flow enough for these modifications? I mostly see them recommended for stock engines.

Do I need to switch from 39lb FPR to the 49lb Regulator? Would this generate more flow from the 703's? Too much?

I was also going to install an adjustable MAP sensor for fine tuning the air/fuel mixture on the dyno.

Like I said, a mild build.
Am I on the right track here?
thanks,
robj

p.s. please, no stroker suggestions, I'm not interested in going that route.

703s will flow enough for the setup you propose. No need to swap the regulator it's already at the correct PSI for your application.

No need for adjustable MAP either IMO. The mods you are proposing won't throw the A/F ratio outside of the range of automatic adjustment.

#1 and #5 will have the biggest impact on performance.

Hey guys I know this threads old but I know how people are when you don't search first.

I have an 01 sport.
I Just did the EV6 swap over the weekend and I expected it to crank long at first start up but now it's cranks long every time and I have to pedal it. Like it's not enough pressure at first but I don't smell any gas or any signs of a leak. I know it takes he first 50 to really get into tune but this seems like too much. I searched for this symptom but of course it seems like I'm the only one with this problem. Appreciate any help you guys have

I'd pull the fuel rail off the intake manifold and prime turn the ignition on and off a couple times and see if any of your new/used injectors are leaking. Otherwise it is probably the check valve on the fuel pump in the tank.

Question for those familiar with injector sizing:
Will 290 cc/min injectors work on the 4.0 or do they flow too much for the ecu to handle?
I have 12 stock/ factory injectors from the 2006 Nissan 350Z

Gotcha.

What year are you talking about?

The biggest problems that ECUs and PCMs have with larger injectors is not having the capability to trim them down for idling purposes.

What fuel pressure are those injectors rated at for that flow?

Back