• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

In cab relay and fuse box

adhd_xj

NAXJA Forum User
After almost a full week off of work (no freight, such is the LTL industry), I became bored and decided to design from scratch a kinda modular (if you can really call it that) fuse/relay housing for inside the cab. Seeing as I can get my parts straight from Summit and haven't really found anyone much cheaper, I think I can build the box for about $50, give or take. The thought process was for something simple, easy to build, easy on the wallet and all plug-n-play. This is my design up until now.
KrLp1pi.jpg

Super rough sketch but I was starting to get an idea for it

OXQYifM.jpg

I actually had to remember how a relay worked. It's been way too long

YvozcqG.jpg

Hey! Now i'm starting to get the hang of it. It's all coming back to me now

ebtfPwk.jpg

Finished diagram. Good news, it's 96.325% perfect, just have to build a housing for it which shouldn't be expensive. Bad news, I ran out of red ink during printing. (Also, I accidentally swapped the PWR and GND cables. PWR should be 10ga and GND should be 14ga. My bad.)

The reason i'm posting this is to see how many people i can help and to see if what someone would pay for this. I put it out there so people can make it themselves. Super simple layout. But for those who don't, i think it wouldn't take long and i'd be willing to build it.

All I'm trying to do is create a simple, easy to build, least amount of holes in the body, plug-n-play kinda box. I know there's the XJ fuse block you can redo for this but it's never a bad idea for another option.

Questions, comments, concerns, bad jokes appreciated.

Well, you had better learn how to resize them because they are not viewable.
All I can see is small part of each photo.

So it's like a Fitch box?

Looked up what a Fitch box is and didn't find it, though I didn't try very hard. But yeah, it's like the bussman. Didn't even realize that was out there. Slightly disheartened but still going Thu build one myself. Granted, not water proof but it'll be in the cab anyways. I'm glad you guys brought it to my attention though, just more ways to make it better..

Back