• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

We had an '04.
Giant POS, bought it new.
Last Jeep I ever owned.
Mine ran flawlessly and was the quietest 4.0 jeep I've ever owned. 260k and it rode very nice on the highway. Door wiring was the only issue I had with it.

I will say I would much rather work on an xj though

I have friends that go to Haspin every Memorial Day weekend. They claim it's a good time. I've never been there, primarily because where they camp, by the shoe tree, I can't get my RV back there.

My dad has had his 04 WJ 4.0 for 4 years now. He bought it with 50k and it has a little over 70k on it. He loves it. I did notice a couple months ago when we were changing the power steering pump that the head gasket is weeping on the passenger's side. I'm sure at some point we'll be changing it...

mac 'working all memorial day weekend and a double on memorial day' gyvr

Yea there's no way your getting your rv back to the shoe tree. That's where we always camp at as well.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Rosco borrowed my car trailer once to take his buggy back there on it to camp because he didn't want to take his enclosed back there...

mac 'it was bad enough he actually washed the trailer before he returned it' gyvr

Our old travel trailer made a trip back there with it's previous owner. Sucked getting back out after it had rained all morning

Did you see the mess from the Ultra4 event in Oklahoma this past weekend? They had to cross a river getting their stuff out of the event site...toters, RV, all of it. They were putting rental cars on roll back tow trucks to get people out of there...

It was what I imagined getting to the shoe tree might be like lol.

mac 'pass' gyvr

Yea would be about same. My buddy was beating on his poor truck trying to get the camper thru the mud and out of there. Not bad if it's dry but if it rains you might as well forget it.

sounds like a party I went to in college...a big mess and a few people ended up with mouth sores.

Opinions on the GM 6.5l turbo diesel?

My opinion as of now is it's an underpowered turd.

The truck I'm 'sorta' looking at is a 2000, crew cab, long box, 4wd, rebuilt motor, rust free K3500 single tire. $6400

The truck I'm 'sorta' looking at is a 2000, crew cab, long box, 4wd, rebuilt motor, rust free K3500 single tire. $6400

I would choose the 6.0 or 8.1 before the 6.5 diesel. Just never heard they had much power out of them compared to other diesels. Of course i don't know much and change trucks every couple months. Just my $.02

00j0j_i6K8PPLTBhe_600x450.jpg

https://eastnc.craigslist.org/cto/6143123069.html

If anyone is looking.

I have had two. If you want Cummins or PSD power, you're not going to get it. To get any decent power out of one you're looking at $3k right out of the gate, not to mention fixing the reliability/cooling problems.

My opinion if you want a turnkey towrig buy Josh's or look for a 6.0 gasser. 6.5s these days are for diehard guys that know what they are getting into and do it anyway.

Got a link? 😀

Back