• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

I do want to come up at least one weekend this year and have you or John help me replace the counter top in the RV.

The actual weekend of July 16th is not going to work tho.

mac 'needs to break down and get an ipass ' gyvr

Remind me to look at it during WF, I want to know it it is screwed to the cabinets or if it if held with RTV.
Makes a big difference in the PITA factor.

Remind me to look at it during WF, I want to know it it is screwed to the cabinets or if it if held with RTV.

Makes a big difference in the PITA factor.

Yes, please, I was going to have you look at it at WF so I could make a list of what to buy.

Cheesy, some cheese is better than the year you were trying to buy some from gas stations along the way to WF...

mac 'I need a BAG of cheese...please' gyvr

that is no doubt, it was actually the nozzle I was trying to find..I bet I hit a dozen gas stations between here and there before that gal felt sorry for me and gave me one!

Leaky injectors?

you can check the valve in the pump by cycling the key a handful of times to get a good pressure going in the rail.

this doesn't rule everything else out, but its a step in the right direction

since it happens immediately after shutdown I can't imagine it's leaking pressure down, but it is a good suggestion.

have you looked at the fuel trims? Low pressue will make your fuel trims go batshit rich as the PCM compensates.

It's exactly what my suburban used to do and that was the injectors, why I suggested it.

It really sounds like a pump. Our old van was the same way before it finally konked out. Stick a pressure gauge on it to see what's going on.

The residual in the pump on Tritons is of garbage design.

Fuel trims will be off if the injectors are junk, but won't change if the RPV is the culprit, as by the time a warm up cycle has occurred, fuel pressure will be back to normal.

That being said, Nate is right, live data is needed.

Thanks for the suggestions...it just gets more interesting...

It's been in the garage for two days, haven't had a moment to try to mess with it. Wife went out to move it so the garage could be used by a buddy and it fired right up.

Does autozone rent a fuel pressure gauge? I really should just buy one.

mac 'off to check amazon' gyvr

It's been in the garage for two days, haven't had a moment to try to mess with it. Wife went out to move it so the garage could be used by a buddy and it fired right up.

Yes they have them in loan a tool...HF sells one for cheap that is the same thing. I have one and it works fine

Yes they have them in loan a tool...HF sells one for cheap that is the same thing. I have one and it works fine

http://www.harborfreight.com/fuel-injection-pump-tester-92699.html

I bought one of the HF ones, rented one from Oreilly's, and compared the two using my Jeep. They both read the exact same. YMMV.

So...after laying off a bunch of people and taking a 10% pay cut in May of last year due to a lawsuit against our company we were told we would get 5% back in Sept and 5% back Jan 1. Sept we got 5% back right away, then out of the blue they gave us the other 5% mid month. Now they are putting 3% cost of living annual raises back into motion and talking about hiring new people....I don't know if should be happy or worried about income stability...

I will say, as much as I miss some parts of the freelance life...steady income and hours are awesome.

MT Mike answered the HF question

mac 'can almost see HF from my house' gyvr

That would be dangerous. I have to drive an hour to get to a HF.

They just put one in 5 min from my house...I live in an "income depressed" area and it shows. If you go to home depot the store will practically empty...if you go to Harbor Freight, you would think they were giving out free Ribeye dinners and hand jobs. The lines were 5-8 people deep at every register when I was there on Sat.

Back