• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Oh it's this really cool option. You turn this little dial and it chills your equipment while the windows are up! ;)

My Grand Prix was the first vehicle I owned that had AC. It was also my 4th vehicle. The 95 came with it but it never worked and since I pulled all the junk out, never will again. The 97 has it. It is so choice. If you have the means; I highly recommend picking it up.

Oh it's this really cool option. You turn this little dial and it chills your equipment while the windows are up! ;)

My Grand Prix was the first vehicle I owned that had AC. It was also my 4th vehicle. The 95 came with it but it never worked and since I pulled all the junk out, never will again. The 97 has it. It is so choice. If you have the means; I highly recommend picking it up.

We just got my windows rolling up and down again a month ago.

The regulator on my driver's window is broke. The glass is being held up by a scrap piece of wood. The other 3 windows work so that's nice, but it just isn't the same. It's still a touch too cool to need AC and its too warm to not drop em and feel the breeze.

First world problems...

Never had AC until my son got sick in the truck due to the heat. Car seats trap a lot of heat and it was blazing hit even with the rear window slid open an both windows down. The next day I replaced the evap and charged it up. Now I don't think ill ever own a truck without AC.

Ripped into it last spring because 3 windows just wouldn't cut it at 90°. The motor was good, but where the motor connected to the regulator was broke. Replaced that for $60. Then my windows quit working this spring and the wiring in the door was cut. Easy fix...

Eventful day on the river yesterday, my old man has a outboard motor his neighbors friend is trying to sell him. I took it out for one flawless trip last week. then my dad took it out and it wont stay running. so i was there yesterday and told him i would try and get it going again. had it going for a second but had to keep reving it to keep it running, i looked up and he pushed me into the middle of the river anchor up. by the time i got to the anchor i was about 60 yards from the cabin and in the middle of the river, fully clothed with only one ore. luckily the old man threw a beer in the boat for me, then he swam out to pull me in...

anyway long story short when we were leaving i told her id like to get my own boat so it would be better taken care of. she responded with "i think jet ski's are a great idea"

It is so choice. If you have the means; I highly recommend picking it up.

aa_1961_ferrari_spyder_ferris_buellers_day_off_garage.jpg

Re: Re: Important

Eventful day on the river yesterday, my old man has a outboard motor his neighbors friend is trying to sell him. I took it out for one flawless trip last week. then my dad took it out and it wont stay running. so i was there yesterday and told him i would try and get it going again. had it going for a second but had to keep reving it to keep it running, i looked up and he pushed me into the middle of the river anchor up. by the time i got to the anchor i was about 60 yards from the cabin and in the middle of the river, fully clothed with only one ore. luckily the old man threw a beer in the boat for me, then he swam out to pull me in...

anyway long story short when we were leaving i told her id like to get my own boat so it would be better taken care of. she responded with "i think jet ski's are a great idea"

What brand/ year/model... prob and easy fix..

alt "likes working on outboards" rocker1

So after some researching, I confirmed the CJ5 is, in fact, a 66 with a factory 225. It was actually produced in Nov/Dec of '65.

Now heres my situation; we bought it off Phil w/no title. He got it from a shop over here with no title. I've done title searches in several states and have not come up with anything. Looking for anyone that has gone through the Bond title/Defective title process... MN has a process setup, I haven't been able to find anything from the WI DMV on it though...

If it was just going to be an off-roader, I wouldn't worry too much, but we do plan on DD'ing it in the summer months so its going to have to get registered...

So after some researching, I confirmed the CJ5 is, in fact, a 66 with a factory 225. It was actually produced in Nov/Dec of '65.

Now heres my situation; we bought it off Phil w/no title. He got it from a shop over here with no title. I've done title searches in several states and have not come up with anything. Looking for anyone that has gone through the Bond title/Defective title process... MN has a process setup, I haven't been able to find anything from the WI DMV on it though...

If it was just going to be an off-roader, I wouldn't worry too much, but we do plan on DD'ing it in the summer months so its going to have to get registered...

This is why I don't buy anything without a title! If it were going to be a parts only vehicle I would but if I plan on driving it, I want to skip all the BS.

This is why I don't buy anything without a title! If it were going to be a parts only vehicle I would but if I plan on driving it, I want to skip all the BS.
Well aren't you just the cat's meow! :moon:

Aaron does have a point. Austin, be ready for an unpleasant surprise, you may not be able to title it, maybe even lose it.

The tub is in mint condition, it has the original VIN plats and frame numbers, it has the original motor. I couldn't find a more origional/stock CJ5 if I wanted to for under $5,000. Except for the driveline we're doing an almost complete restoration. I'm willing to go through the BS, but just trying to figure out which state to do it in/best way of going about it...

I haven't been able to get the glovebox open, but only the engine has been covered, so I doubt any papers in there would be recognizable...

Back