• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Oh, yeah. Release parties for limited release brews are becoming more and more popular. He said for this one, people brought generators, game consoles and were brewing more beer in line.

Wait, that's right..... you're in Utah. No wonder. :D

All this .22 talk....I picked up a marlin 60 on Saturday for well under a bill, needs a good cleaning. Also if anyone is interested in a good condition enfield the pawn shop has one near me

Great little guns, give it a good cleaning and it will eat any ammo you put in it. I love mine.

I love plinking with .22 pistols. If I'm out camping I can shoot all weekend and not even go through half a brick of rounds that cost me $15. My 9mm goes though $15 in about 20 min and my .45 in about half that time. All the while I'm still becoming a better shot.

Guys who think you need to shoot "real" calibers to be a man are just compensating for something else.

I don't care what caliber you shoot but if you carry a .25 or a .32 for protection, you need a real caliber.....

Show me, just show me, where he was talking about using a .22 rimfire for protection. I'll wait. And you're still better off hitting with a .22 rimfire than missing with a handgun that's more than you're comfortable with for personal protection.

When I look at all the reasons I shoot and own guns, personal protection is only about 10%. The rest is fun, competition and fun. Doesn't matter what you shoot, anything you shoot will make you a better shot overall. If I can do that for a fraction of the cost of a larger caliber I will. That being said, my .45 is always next to me.

All this .22 talk....I picked up a marlin 60 on Saturday for well under a bill, needs a good cleaning. Also if anyone is interested in a good condition enfield the pawn shop has one near me

when you want to fix the trigger call me. I took about 6 lbs off mine and made it not suck before I sent the first round down the pipe.

I don't care what caliber you shoot but if you carry a .25 or a .32 for protection, you need a real caliber.....

.22 has killed more people than any other round in the history of firearms. Do not underestimate the small calibers.
The only problem I have with .22 for carry is rimfire cartridges.
I'd totally rock a .25 or .32 in an old colt pocket gun. John Browning said they were enough. Love to have me a 1908 in .25ACP.

Show me, just show me, where he was talking about using a .22 rimfire for protection. I'll wait. And you're still better off hitting with a .22 rimfire than missing with a handgun that's more than you're comfortable with for personal protection.

Never said he said that anywhere Jeff! I'm just going along with what Josh said.

.22 has killed more people than any other round in the history of firearms. Do not underestimate the small calibers.
The only problem I have with .22 for carry is rimfire cartridges.
I'd totally rock a .25 or .32 in an old colt pocket gun. John Browning said they were enough. Love to have me a 1908 in .25ACP.

I know that .22 can kill but in a defense situation, i'm not gonna pull out a .22. I'm damn accurate with my .22 but i'd rather carry a bigger caliber, to each his own.

I love to plink. I wish there was a rimfire league or something along those lines around close. It's good clean fun and Bubba has just as much fun as I do. He's wanting his very own SR22 for Christmas.......don't think that's going to happen. We'll just "borrow" the one PaPa has. :D

For self defense, I carry 147gr HP 9mm. Of course, I can't do that (legally) here in the peoples republic of Illinois where my 2nd amendment rights are denied.

Anyone played with the rimfire friendly exploding targets?

I know that .22 can kill but in a defense situation, i'm not gonna pull out a .22. I'm damn accurate with my .22 but i'd rather carry a bigger caliber, to each his own.

you would if that's what you had.

and sometimes a pocket gun is all you can carry.

I have the keltec .380 on me all the times.

When I can I carry my glock 26.

mac 'sometimes I carry two guns on me' gyvr

I love to plink. I wish there was a rimfire league or something along those lines around close. It's good clean fun and Bubba has just as much fun as I do. He's wanting his very own SR22 for Christmas.......don't think that's going to happen. We'll just "borrow" the one PaPa has. :D

For self defense, I carry 147gr HP 9mm. Of course, I can't do that (legally) here in the peoples republic of Illinois where my 2nd amendment rights are denied.

Anyone played with the rimfire friendly exploding targets?

If distance isn't a big issue, Riley is a small town outside of Terre Haute (a little over 2 hours away from you), they have matches the first or second Saturday April through October. Matches start at 10am and finish around 2pm. No prizes except pride that your time gets better.

For a year, I drove some 45 minutes each way for NRA sanctioned .22 bullseye, and I'd do it again. Mike, check with your local sportsmans' club. You might be surprised.

Back