• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Awesome use of technology Macgyver. LOL

All phones are able to be tracked. The GSM network is why, they have 911 gps locationing. In fact the cell providers can track and turn on your phone's even if you turn them off. Only way not to be tracked is by removing the battery. Good luck with trying to do that with any Apple product.

I'm not sure of the laws though on tracking a wanted person by phone if a search warrant is needed or not. Mac may know. Apple allows the user to track their own phone.

I only know some of the capabilities of the networks, thanks to my close friend who works on the networks.

Looking at a 2001 F150 SuperCrew after school. If its in as good of shape as the pictures show, I'll be getting it for $2000 under Bluebook.

99SJ 'being a tech makes negociations fun!' Ex

negociations are always fun, espeically in foreign countries......

Cheese "ping pong balls" Man

From my email conversation with the sales rep: "I have the approval from management to sell the truck for that..."

That is a funny story, and the saying 'customer is always right' should apply there, it was the sale rep's fault for not informing the customer of the price increment.

P.S. Hi Mike!

I am half tempted to take the fire wrench to this damn oil pan tonight. I have unhooked the shocks and dropped the axle out as far as it will go, unbolted the tcase/trans and lifted that up. I can't get this out. I am going to pull the draglink and T bar tonight and try to get it out the front.

I have never taken the oil pan out of a XJ with anything less than a 6" lift, this one is at 3ish"

I am half tempted to take the fire wrench to this damn oil pan tonight. I have unhooked the shocks and dropped the axle out as far as it will go, unbolted the tcase/trans and lifted that up. I can't get this out. I am going to pull the draglink and T bar tonight and try to get it out the front.

I have never taken the oil pan out of a XJ with anything less than a 6" lift, this one is at 3ish"

I'm happy my pile is on 6in of lift... Looking like the next thing I'm doing is pulling the front cover and pan to see if there's damage somewhere...

wow...who got fired over that i wonder

I bet theres a long line of "he said/she said" and no one person will be 'blamed' for this, but I guarantee that sales department will be having some re-training seminars and be 'under the scope' of the owners for quite some time...

I bet theres a long line of "he said/she said" and no one person will be 'blamed' for this, but I guarantee that sales department will be having some re-training seminars and be 'under the scope' of the owners for quite some time...

thats probably true...just seems like sometimes there is a scapegoat in situations like this. like you said it will be a he said/she said between the sales agent and the sales manager as to who approved or didn't approve the price.

either way, i find it absurd that they tried to have the guy arrested!

It's beyond absurd, that's criminal for filing a false police report.

The price is what was printed on the contract. The *INTENDED* price may have been different.

Awesome use of technology Macgyver. LOL

All phones are able to be tracked. The GSM network is why, they have 911 gps locationing. In fact the cell providers can track and turn on your phone's even if you turn them off. Only way not to be tracked is by removing the battery. Good luck with trying to do that with any Apple product.

I'm not sure of the laws though on tracking a wanted person by phone if a search warrant is needed or not. Mac may know. Apple allows the user to track their own phone.

I only know some of the capabilities of the networks, thanks to my close friend who works on the networks.

We are only allowed to track peoples phone through the service provider if there is an immediate threat to life. That said we are told if the phone is off, they can't track it. Apple allowing people to track their phones is different. She allowed me to track it and he didn't have permission to have it. He still couldn't figure out how we found him... :doh:

Looking at a 2001 F150 SuperCrew after school. If its in as good of shape as the pictures show, I'll be getting it for $2000 under Bluebook.

99SJ 'being a tech makes negotiations fun!' Ex

This sounds like the best option for you that you have posted. Those are solid trucks. Look for rust if its been living in a place prone to salt, check the bottom of the doors and the tailgate. 99 and 01 for the 5.4 were years that were more prone to spit the spark plugs out. That would not scare me as they have kits to fix the problem and they work...no matter the miles I'd be changing them as one of my first maintenance items.

I have pulled one on a stocker...it was shoe horned in there to get it out. I have to pull the upper arms off the axle, steering, shocks and track bar.

thats probably true...just seems like sometimes there is a scapegoat in situations like this. like you said it will be a he said/she said between the sales agent and the sales manager as to who approved or didn't approve the price.

either way, i find it absurd that they tried to have the guy arrested!

If its anything like it is around here, they will settle out of court for about 10 to 20k to make it go away.

mac 'been sued for millions before' gyvr

Anyone going to Badlands tomorrow?

no, I am going to eat bacon for breakfast tomorrow and start a new guy at the farm as a hired hand...that should be interesting....

Cheese "cheap labor = expensive repairs" Man

No badlands, otherwise its a TREC race and we would've been there. We were told to not leave town. If she is ready they will induce on Tuesday.

mac 'getting close' gyvr

I did mine stock. Undid shocks, tracbar, unbolted mounds and put a jack under the balancer. It was a tight fit but it is doable.
Poor'get the one piece rubber gasket'boy87

Back