• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

can a a late model XJ with a saggy 3in lift and 31 BFG AT's and will barely see any dirt use stock shocks? or would one be better off with shocks for a 3in lift?

How about some BPE's? That'd gain you a little bit.

Russ Moore says the Trans has to come out. Says there's no 2nd gear. However when I manually shift it, there is 2nd gear, so I'm going to get a 2nd opinion.

1200 for reman
Plus 500 labor

mac 'shopping around' gyvr

everything is SAAMI spec. so it will all fit and fire in the chamber.

some guns don't like steel cased ammo, it usually has to do with the amount of gas/recoil and the timing. This is what causes extraction issues mostly.

if the gun feeds it and operates correctly, don't worry about shooting it.
thanks for the input Manche, What about a magnum round in a revolver? I prefer to carry hollow points, but does any of the brass-steel-alum cause any faster wear on the cylinder than others?

Russ Moore says the Trans has to come out. Says there's no 2nd gear. However when I manually shift it, there is 2nd gear, so I'm going to get a 2nd opinion.

1200 for reman
Plus 500 labor

when I was trying to figure out what to do with the Dodge, I found a place in Florida that would ship me up a transmission that was built much better than stock for less money.
I chose local rebuild so that if I had problems with it it would be an easy fix under warranty

can a a late model XJ with a saggy 3in lift and 31 BFG AT's and will barely see any dirt use stock shocks? or would one be better off with shocks for a 3in lift?

1200 for reman
Plus 500 labor

Rebuild it yourself. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/46re-tutorial-911009/

This thread even shows the strength/longevity upgrades he does - and the shift kit.

This is what I am going to do if I don't 1) scrap the partyvan or 2) 5 speed convert it.

Sorry I am asking all these dumb questions, but I carry my guns & I shoot my guns. So if there is anyway to make them last longer, I am just trying to be more educated.

1200 for reman
Plus 500 labor

I have a spare 46RE from my totaled niner... Shifted great and had 116,000 on the odometer (might have been rebuilt) its still in the jeep

i haven't either....but im not in any hurry to mess up the 100% feed record on the xd...that bastard is more reliable than a hammer

short"1000 rounds later, feeds like new"xjdoug

Shot them all through my XD and its never failed either.

Shot them all through my XD and its never failed either.
I love the XD & shot them before, just can't justify the price for one right now. I like the Glock also, but paying 2 or 3 hundred $ for a gun that shoots the same round as ones I have seems meaningless.

I love the XD & shot them before, just can't justify the price for one right now. I like the Glock also, but paying 2 or 3 hundred $ for a gun that shoots the same round as ones I have seems meaningless.

You have to have one for each hand.

Got a 2nd opinion.

They too say that they trans is bad. Torque coverter is failing and the junk from that has plugged the governor solenoid.

They will rebuild it carryout for $900. For $300 more they will do it all.
2yr/24k warranty either way.

Also, I seem to have cured the bubbling back to the reservoir with a new radiator cap.

mac 'polar do i have to buy the entire jeep?' gyvr

You have to have one for each hand.

I only carry one at a time, but I like to alternate them so the others don't get jealious, kinda like owning multiple Jeeps.

Continued from Facebook, to protect the stupid from his family.
My scratch off lottery ticket story.

My brother in law worked part time nights at a convenience store a few years back.
He has not had license since 1986, but still has 5+ DUIs.
Understand him now?
One nite he got bored and started scratching off tickets to see how many were winners and how many were losers, like him.
He scratched off and entire stack and when he added them up, he was over $1000.00 in the hole.
At the end of his shift, the manager came in and made him pay for all of them and fired him.
He didn't think he should have had to pay for them since he did not plan on collecting any winnings and was just "experimenting".

Good gawd. Please tell me that's not a true story, Sean.

i haven't either....but im not in any hurry to mess up the 100% feed record on the xd...that bastard is more reliable than a hammer

short"1000 rounds later, feeds like new"xjdoug

8000+ rounds on my XD .45 Tac and still 100%. 95% of it was brass. The other casings definitely aren't as clean cycling imho.

Sorry I am asking all these dumb questions, but I carry my guns & I shoot my guns. So if there is anyway to make them last longer, I am just trying to be more educated.

Clean them. Get good solvents and lubes. Get familiar with taking them apart and keep an eye on wear points: chamber throats, extractors, barrel bushings etc. Being not afraid to take them apart and do maintenance is the biggest thing I can think of; with that then you get familiar how they work and you're doing an inspection of sorts.

Got a 2nd opinion.

They too say that they trans is bad. Torque coverter is failing and the junk from that has plugged the governor solenoid.

They will rebuild it carryout for $900. For $300 more they will do it all.
2yr/24k warranty either way.

Also, I seem to have cured the bubbling back to the reservoir with a new radiator cap.

mac 'polar do i have to buy the entire jeep?' gyvr

That's going to to be about average for prices on that sort of work. The warranty is nice, as long as you don't have to use it 2,3,4 times...

Its good to hear it was a relatively simple fix for the antifreeze! Still going to flush it though, right??

That's going to to be about average for prices on that sort of work. The warranty is nice, as long as you don't have to use it 2,3,4 times...

Its good to hear it was a relatively simple fix for the antifreeze! Still going to flush it though, right??

yes, i'm actually in the process of a flush. the stuff i used said to drive it for 3 to 6 hours, stopping and starting was ok, with the stuff in it and water. so that's what's in it. i put about 40 miles on it today so tonight I'll dump it and then put the right mix in it.

mac 'book on the tranny is 9.5 hours' gyvr

Back