• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

That place needs some serious work in the quarry. So dug out that there are very few places where you have groups of rocks anymore. Purgatory, which used to be the be-all of Attica, is now a joke. The rocks are almost all gone. It's just a dirt hill up to the exit.

There is a trail along a high ridge on Green after the 1st woods, but before the rocks on Green and is parallel to the path you take to go back to the main parking lot from the quarry. It is labeled something like "more difficult". ATVs cross it and have caused the trail to become narrow and peaked at the center in some places. It is fast becoming a rollover hazard. We got a Rubicon high centered on his bumpers on that trail. If he would have tried to leave the Jeep, he would have easily fell 6 feet. It's a cool trail, but those narrow peaked areas are a definite attention getters.

-Ron

There is a trail along a high ridge on Green after the 1st woods, but before the rocks on Green and is parallel to the path you take to go back to the main parking lot from the quarry. It is labeled something like "more difficult". ATVs cross it and have caused the trail to become narrow and peaked at the center in some places. It is fast becoming a rollover hazard. We got a Rubicon high centered on his bumpers on that trail. If he would have tried to leave the Jeep, he would have easily fell 6 feet. It's a cool trail, but those narrow peaked areas are a definite attention getters.

-Ron

I know exactly what you are talking about and that is definitely a trail that gets your attention. :gag:

I too know where this spot is b/c my passenger at WF would get out and walk around it while I went through it in "pucker mode"

Other good news around here is that the planter is finally hooked up and we are hitting the fields tomorrow afternoon....finally.....I am going to have to give up wheeling over the holiday weekend, but that is just the way it goes around here.

I have a few fields that are still pretty wet, but I would rather plant around the wet spots at this point opposed to not getting in any corn this year. We have had about 6 days now w/o any rain and every day has been upper 70's to 80's and WINDY as all hell. It has really helped to dry things out. I have a good crew so we should get across things pretty good (I hope :D )

Just got back from the Root Canal and I once again remember why I hate the dentist. He is taking all my Jeep funds! bastards. Today I Lost the Track Bar I had been saving for. Next month I lose the Gears!

Damn Dentist.

Dang, and that's not even to mention the pain! Sorry you had to have that done.

The root canal I had didn't cause me any pain at all. If you're to the point where you need a root canal, chances are the tooth is already dead and you won't feel a thing.

The root canal I had didn't cause me any pain at all. If you're to the point where you need a root canal, chances are the tooth is already dead and you won't feel a thing.

If your theory is correct, that means I had one about 10 years ago that I didn't need!

Just got back from the Root Canal and I once again remember why I hate the dentist. He is taking all my Jeep funds! bastards. Today I Lost the Track Bar I had been saving for. Next month I lose the Gears!

Damn Dentist.

A Dentist in Kentucky ? !

now that's funny

:gee:

BOB

I asked him about that and apparently the tooth is dead but the infection lies deep in the tooth and does cause tremendous amounts of pain. So they drill it out clean it out and fill it.

THe root canal itself is pretty cheap it is the crown over the top that will deplete my Jeep funds.

Now taking donations! LOL

For all the Indiana Elk and Deer Hunters out there...
I seen this report today.
You may want to find out more about this.

BOB

News Update
May 19, 2009
Tuberculosis Case Identified on Indiana Cervid Farm

The Indiana State Board of Animal Health (BOAH) is investigating a case of bovine tuberculosis (TB) in a farm-raised cervid herd in Southeastern Indiana. “Cervid” is a category of animals that includes elk and various species of deer.

A BOAH veterinarian found the TB infection in a red deer being processed for meat. A U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) laboratory test confirmed the disease.

The animals in the cervid herd, which includes elk, red deer, fallow deer and Sika deer, are part of an ongoing targeted surveillance program. The farm sits in close geographic proximity to a beef cattle herd that was traced to a TB-positive cow in December 2008.

With this new finding, BOAH is collaborating with state, federal and industry partners to determine a course of action. More information will be released as it becomes available.

More information about the disease and the investigation, as it develops, will be available at www.boah.in.gov.

That's some bad news, Bob. MI's northern Lower Peninsula has been dealing [ineffectively] with that for several years now.

I only wish that it would take out part of our deer population down here without inadvertantly affecting the cattle population (or anything else for that matter). We are incredibaly overstocked w/ deer ane the DOC knows it. There are so many of them they are refered to as field maggots and bumper magnets...We average at least 2 deer/vehicle collisions in our family a year and they cause us thousands in crop damge a year....

The only thing that my brother has found that will keep venison out of the orchards is 8 feet of woven wire fence. White tail deer are thick there, even to the point that they're occasionally in the yard at the farmhouse in the middle of the afternoon.

Steve has gotten to be a pretty good fence builder. He located a source for single panel 8 foot wire, and built a hydraulic clamp & unroller for a tractor. Last fall, he (and a few helpers) hung fence around 30 acres, around a mile of fence...... in a single weekend.

Back