• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

I just looked at the Ford website and it looks like they only offer one motor now. The 4.6 lt. V-8. I wonder why they stopped putting the 5.4 in F-150 trucks.

Rev, it all depends on how much you want to spend. Do you have to have a Mathews bow to do any good.....heck no. I shoot a Hoyt and it's a great bow. Don't be afraid of a used bow either. I bought mine used, it was a year old. One of those guys that have to get the latest and greatest every year traded it in. There are some good deals to be had from guys like that. You'll need to know your drawlength before you buy. I'm going to guess 29-30" but that's nothing more than a guess.
I used to shoot aluminum arrows. I got tired of tearing them up. I'd shoot in the back yard and I'd hit one arrow with another while shooting at a target. Not "robin hooding" arrows but I'd put a nice crease down the arrow. So, I went to carbons. Easton Axis 220's. It's a heavy arrow for a carbon but I like it. A heavy arrow flying at 250fps has lots of kenetic energy for knockdown power.

Anyway, I could go on forever here. You've got my digits if you're interested in more info.

Supposed to be a mid-year '10 model in '09

But with the economy and the problems in the auto industry, there's some talk that it won't happen.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=129448

The ridiculously high price of diesel compared to gas would sure as hell keep me from buying one.

I would need to get about 28mpg from my diesel van to equal the fuel cost per mile of driving my 94 XJ.

If they were getting 50% better fuel economy over the gassers, then the small increase in power might be worth it.

I'm halfway in the market for a used bow myself, for both small game and deer. I hiked our 80 acres when we were back home for Christmas and managed to scare up 4 good sized deer. There were game trails and scat piles all around the property as well, I'm sure I could bag something. Unfortunately the area isn't big enough to allow firearms, as it is surrounded on three sides by houses.

There's a great bow shop here in town. Next time you're over here we'll stop in. He's usually got a few good used bows on a rack. He just recently started selling firearms as well. He dosen't stock many guns yet.

Live from my livingroom. The wii has internet.....not the greatest, but it's kinda cool I suppose.

picked up the new trailer on saturday...promptly brought it home and got it stuck in the front yard...got the baby jeep out for the extraction

DSCN0067.jpg

DSCN0069.jpg

DSCN0071.jpg

mac 'nothing like getting the tow rig stuck' gyvr

That sure is a shiny hydrant.:moon:

Back