• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Just needed to replace the ring, pinion, and case. The locker was fine as well as the housing. I'll bet he has the axle back under the jeep and the jeep in the garage tonight.

We did not get a chance to go to the junk yard here locally to look for a door, window, and seat belt.

mac 'ahead of me on Winterfest prep' gyvr

Took at trip with my buddy Andy that came to Winterfest with me this year to meet up with csailors.. brought this back home.

Yep, thats my XJ I just sold him a few months ago lol. Glad its still around. My buddy already registered on the board and is a paid member of NAXJA as of yesterday! Looks like I'll be a passenger for the first time at WF 2019!

44908325_295236221092275_7328595773401071616_n.jpg

I swore I was done working on jeeps, and Sunday I ended up getting Steve's(WI88XJ) 2 door. Already got an oil pan coming in tomorrow and ready to press in some u joints for the front shafts. already have a small list of stuff to do before snow falls, and this may be the next wheeling rig.

That Jeep carried my wife and daughters around since new in 2000. It was hard for my wife to see it go.
I'm glad that it went to a NAXJA member and not some local yokel.

Can't wait to see it at Winterfest.

What will you be wheeling at Winterfest Steve?

mac 'inquiring minds' gyvr

After 17 years of being at one job, I was “downsized “ today. At least I get 17 weeks of severance but I will never go back or try to go back until ownership is changed. That is why I was cut, not because of how I work.

Media is a sonofabitch. Buddy is assignment manager of the big nbc station here and it boggles my mind the incompetence of people on air and behind the camras from the stories he tells me.

Chuck Wagon update

3d9f89ab3a7a024757084135476b8fb5.jpg

Chuck found us to get his 8.25 fixed

mac ‘hasn’t found his labatt’s in the fridge yet tho’ gyvr

Had 3 left over Labatt Blues from Moab. Good planning?

How bad was the carnage?

LOL. I tore up the rear end, smashed the drivers glass, cut the seat belt, and put many dents.

Just needed to replace the ring, pinion, and case. The locker was fine as well as the housing. I'll bet he has the axle back under the jeep and the jeep in the garage tonight.

We did not get a chance to go to the junk yard here locally to look for a door, window, and seat belt.

mac 'ahead of me on Winterfest prep' gyvr

I see Chuck's already getting WF prep started

#Moabrecovery or #WinterFestPrep Either one works for me:
-Replaced the gears and carrier(Thanks Seth and Mac)
-New window glass is in(gotta kinda push it over on the way up)
-Seat belt is replaced
-Pounded out some dents on door

Still to do:
-Pound out dents on fender and reinstall
-install rear DS
-Bleed rear brakes

The Chuck Wagon isn't as pretty as before but shoot I am ready to do it again. I am already planning next years adventure. WF of course, but then why not NAC fest? I would like to do Haspen Acres for the Fourth. I know this means missing the Crawl, but I like to do new things. Anyone got any ideas?

So last night I finally got started on the new Jeep. I want to get it up to DD status with all the little kinks ironed out before I start swapping parts from my 4 door.

I replaced the rusted out oil pan and RMS while I was at it, and boy let me tell ya 10pm is not a good time to find out you got the wrong rear main seal. But got it buttomed up today, and didn't see a huge puddle under the jeep so we'll call it a success

Thinking I may need to do an actual build thread since none of you MWC drunkards seem to post anything. Just need a name for the Jeep.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Ok its been 6 days with nothing in here. Been to quiet lately. Everyone put down the coke and let go of their hookers for a minute. Time to get this place going again.

ok ok pick the hooker back up

Back