• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Or if your too busy with work and your junk is still broken you don't have to worry about which way to strap it down since it isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Mine made to Attica and back without falling off the trailer. Thanks for the advice.
912e52076aa5289e51f56dcf5fef7a52.jpg

Sent from my VS500PP using Tapatalk

Mine made to Attica and back without falling off the trailer. Thanks for the advice.
912e52076aa5289e51f56dcf5fef7a52.jpg

Sent from my VS500PP using Tapatalk

How did the truck tow Chuck?

mac 'see you June 8th!' gyvr

So what’s the deal with the Michigan plates again? What do you take with you and what does it cost? I’m looking at a new PJs buggy hauler

If it's brand new, you take the bill of laden (certificate of origin), which has the dry weight on it, with a bill of sale from the dealership to the Michigan SOS (Secretary of State/ Department of Motor vehicles). If you purchased at a dealer, the bill of sale will show you paid sales tax. They will want proof of sales tax showing that you paid at least 6% in the state where it was purchased.

If it's used, you'll need the title, bill of sale showing sales tax, and a weight slip from a certified scale showing the trailer weight (keep it under 2500 lbs).

Trailer's cost $75 for 0 - 2,499 lbs and $200 for 2,500 - 9,999 lbs. Permanent plates that never expire, registered to your address in whatever state you live.

I think they have a $15 fee for the title.

My aluminum trailer was purchased in Ohio, registered in Michigan, and I live in Indiana. It was a near painless process. I think they hit me with a nominal late fee ($15? bucks) because I waited more than 10 or 15 days to register it as that's the amount of time they give you.

https://www.michigan.gov/sos/0,4670,7-127-1585_1587-285702--,00.html

Either way it was so painless, I registered my other two trailers in MI.

mac 'done buying trailer plates' gyvr

The D35 is finally crapping out after 328k. Not too bad I suppose, but it's getting a non abs 8.25 to replace it.

Bring a trailer, 300 and you own a black XJ. Or I can do 700 on the two purple jeeps. Going to keep the chilli pepper one around for a bit and may the lifted black one.

30 second rant... I have been helping a friend buy and part jeeps, I know never a very good idea...Just because you paid 5k for a WJ at the buy here-pay here, ran it into the ground until the transmission burnt up and have managed to permanently make the thing smell like French fries, I'm not paying you more than the 'real' junkman.... and no your cheap ass knock off, flaking, scarred up 'custom' wheels and bald was tires aren't worth more.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Back