• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

So far:
Old vehicles (20 yrs or so) look like new if washed and waxed regularly, 0 rust.
Stop signs = yield
Yield signs = you better go faster
I saw maroon on my map app today, I have never seen this color before. I have only seen red and yellow and clear. I guess maroon means you ain't movin for a while.

The beach can be an hour and a 15 one way and two and a half the other.....

Talking to the guy on FB. waiting on interior pics. Says bad temp sensor causes spikes but no leaks. 230K on it. Anything in particular I should look out for on a 5.9? I can deal with putting in a headliner and cleaning it up. Says stuck in 4WD but we'll see.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Where do I start?
Probably doesn't have a bad temp sensor. I'm sure that it says it has a bad temp sensor but that is because the solder in the VIC is broken like ALL of them. Making that message go away is pulling the VIC and cleaning up the solder. The temp spike is probably because the low speed on the electric fan is not working. It's a two speed fan, make sure that both speeds work. I bet the low speed doesn't. I had to swap one in ours. It is possible that the sensor that makes the low speed fan come on is bad, and there's no real good replacement for that sensor.
They come with the 249 tcase, which is full time. So it's ALWAYS in 4wd. If the case is original with 230k, it's probably junk and needs replaced. XJ 97-01 242 cases are a direct swap. I've done it twice.
I'd look all over the front of the motor for antifreeze leaks.

mac 'there's more but I just got sent to a run' gyvr

I'll message you when I see this hopefully tomorrow Mac. I want it, but I'm putting in 4.10s in the XJ to improve DD gas mileage and would need to park the XJ off site to have this at home. But it could all change if I fall in love with the ZJ

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

The front cover leaks at the corners and sometimes isn't noticed. If it smells like antifreeze, it's leaking from somewhere...big or small. If it's been running at 230 degrees for a while...it probably has a small leak or two.
The driver's side door is probably a mess, or has been fixed by a hack job or two. The bushings wear out at the door pins, all is replaceable. The door sags and kills the door latch, you can fix all that with time and patience.
If the front axle bearings haven't been replaced, they are probably junk on the case, but at 230k, they have surely been replaced.
The heated seats likely don't work. The rear wiper arm is probably gone.
They don't typically rust to bad, even up here. Usually just the rear hatch.
Hopefully the intake gasket was done long ago.

mac 'let me know, I'll be up around noon tomorrow' gyvr

I "ruin" 5.9's but make them awesome at the same time!
Big tire burn outs with out using the brakes is badass
Also... Boobs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

At what point in a marriage is it acceptable to just start throwing stuff away that hasn't been touched by your wife since 2006? Moving crap around to make room for the new baby and trying to rearrange stuff in the garage...Some of this junk hasn't seen the light of day since our first apt in ny

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I gave her the benefit of the doubt for a while when she told me she would use some of the stuff when we moved into a house. I should have just tossed the stuff when we left NY, but there wasn't time

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Back