• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

I can ask my HVAC guy tomorrow.

Awesome would appreciate it. Here's the condensing unit, weather hasn't been nice to the tag
c30b9a918e2c7108321e9f60b56afae1.jpg

Get those membership renewals and sign ups in!

mac 'March is coming to an end faster than a winterfest registration cutoff' gyvr

Anybody know how hard it would be to convert a drum brake HP Dana 44 over to disk brake? Found one at the junk yard today that I'm thinking of picking the pair up. I know the rear would be pretty simple but didn't know what all was involved with the front

if it is high pinion and has 1/2" tubes, it could be worth it, depending on price. its very common to pick up a chevy 44 or 10 bolt that has factory flat tops and scavenge the knuckles. i much prefer the chevy brakes over fords.

Hating DST even more today. Good news is I will be traveling to central time zone today so my body will already be used to that timezone thanks to dst, but when I get home I will be right back in same boat, I guess I should move to central time during dst and back to eastern during non dst. DST is when the clocks go forward right not when they go back? This has really got to be confusing for the animals, I mean I know they can't even tell time but the sun does come up later (so they know the time changed). everyone showed up to work on time today (so DST must not be messing with them too much) (maybe it is but they still showed up anyway).

I'm dragging ass today. Yesterday was a cluster **** and by the time I got everything back in order my buddy called and needed help on some framing on his new house...so nice guy I am I helped him until late yesterday evening. I am gonna pass out at the dentist today, and I am good with that. I hope I blow off a stinker when I am out.

Mornin dudes.

Mandatory Metallica Monday at the shop today. Got waaaayyy to much to do, but hey it's better than being slow.

So, I did the math for the gears in my xj, 5.38 seems to be magic number for my 37s, but it doesn't sound low enough to me. Anybody else run 37s or close? Where are you guys at for gearing?

I have 5.38s, 40 LTBs on weld on beadlocks, it works very well off road, good power control even with the old renix 4.o/aw4/231. But no comment about the street, as its a buggy. Buddy has 5.13s with 38 TSLs that street/hyway drives it, he did say it could use a bit more but it works. What axles you running again?

Hating DST even more today. Good news is I will be traveling to central time zone today so my body will already be used to that timezone thanks to dst, but when I get home I will be right back in same boat, I guess I should move to central time during dst and back to eastern during non dst. DST is when the clocks go forward right not when they go back? This has really got to be confusing for the animals, I mean I know they can't even tell time but the sun does come up later (so they know the time changed). everyone showed up to work on time today (so DST must not be messing with them too much) (maybe it is but they still showed up anyway).
I had DST once(I think I got it at a H.S. dance in the next town over in 1983) I had to get a penicillin shot ant it cleared up. It was a nice sunny warm day Saturday(the sun was shining and the temperature was about 60 and there were not many clouds in the sky) so I wanted to fly my quadcopeter(I replaced it after I lost it in a corn field last summer) but I'll be damned it I can find the batteries for it.(I keep it on a shelf in my office and I rearranged everything in there in January)So now I have to look high and low to find them and the charger( I am sure I put them someplace so I would not loose them) My dogs don't care for the time change either, I notice every year around then the brown one starts loosing all of the extra hair she grew in the fall (I wonder if the fall time change stresses her out and causes her to grow more hair? (I am going to submit a question to the dog whisperer))The hair all over really makes a mess. Last year we vacuumed up enough hair to stuff a mattress. It is supposed to rain and be cloudy every day this week (the sun will not be shining and the sky will be completely covered with clouds (rain will fall from the sky and make everything outside wet)) I have a lot of outside work to do but it will be too wet because it is supposed to be cloudy and rainy all this week. I like pizza and tacos too.

Mornin dudes.

Mandatory Metallica Monday at the shop today. Got waaaayyy to much to do, but hey it's better than being slow.

So, I did the math for the gears in my xj, 5.38 seems to be magic number for my 37s, but it doesn't sound low enough to me. Anybody else run 37s or close? Where are you guys at for gearing?
I have 5.38s with my 37s. Works really well.

I had DST once(I think I got it at a H.S. dance in the next town over in 1983) I had to get a penicillin shot ant it cleared up. It was a nice sunny warm day Saturday(the sun was shining and the temperature was about 60 and there were not many clouds in the sky) so I wanted to fly my quadcopeter(I replaced it after I lost it in a corn field last summer) but I'll be damned it I can find the batteries for it.(I keep it on a shelf in my office and I rearranged everything in there in January)So now I have to look high and low to find them and the charger( I am sure I put them someplace so I would not loose them) My dogs don't care for the time change either, I notice every year around then the brown one starts loosing all of the extra hair she grew in the fall (I wonder if the fall time change stresses her out and causes her to grow more hair? (I am going to submit a question to the dog whisperer))The hair all over really makes a mess. Last year we vacuumed up enough hair to stuff a mattress. It is supposed to rain and be cloudy every day this week (the sun will not be shining and the sky will be completely covered with clouds (rain will fall from the sky and make everything outside wet)) I have a lot of outside work to do but it will be too wet because it is supposed to be cloudy and rainy all this week. I like pizza and tacos too.

I see one issue with this, you said "we" vacuumed up the dog hair. Please turn in your man card for even knowing how to run the vacuum. I ran 4.10s with 42s worked out great off road with an ax15. but I also had a doubler, I would always leave the 231 engaged so it was really like having 11.152 in the axles. but having the ax15 I could put it in a different gear and get wheel spin or engage the doubler and go really low low low, like the song. that song is kinda annoying but it fits the situation.

Anybody know how hard it would be to convert a drum brake HP Dana 44 over to disk brake? Found one at the junk yard today that I'm thinking of picking the pair up. I know the rear would be pretty simple but didn't know what all was involved with the front

I might have most of what you need... I'll check tonight when I get home, if so its yours for cheeeeeap!

Ben, I have a 10 bolt from a 90 k5 that you can get kunckles, etc from if needed. In terms of brake parts, I think it only has the backing plates, can't remember for sure.

Well haven't picked anything up yet. Was just out walking the yard yesterday and seen them under a truck. Wanted to do a little research on them before i go and remove them. Thinking of a rebuild this winter of the jeep is in store. Just getting a game plan going now.

Will get in touch with you guys Matt and Jason on parts.

Back