• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

I sat next to Patch for 7hrs, no way I can deal with him all the way to KY lol

Just make him ride in the passenger seat... Of the jeep on the trailer.

Sharing a little frustration, I just did my first extended interval with full synthetic oil (10k miles, Amsoil XL oil, Amsoil eao15 filter) in the xj. When I did a 4k interval (about 85k worth) on Rotella I'd get a small amount of shavings on the magnetic plug. Obviously this time it's more, about twice as much as previously, which is logical. But it really kinda hits home that this engines days may be numbered...

Oil pressure is still fantastic, knocks a little only when cold, just about 300k miles on the original driveline. So I'm going to pretend like I didn't see anything?

wtf are you changing the oil in a 4.0 for anyway.....so fancy that you aren't just adding oil to it on a regular basis.

With non-syn Rotella 10w30, I lost a maybe a quarter of a quart in 4k, and didn't add any. With full-syn AMSOIL I lose just over a quart in 10000 miles and I top up. Though now it could use a valve cover gasket lol.

I just did the math, actual miles on the Jeep total 306xxx, accounting for oversize tires. Hooray it's done it!

http://nfiempire.com

These guys are hiring supposedly...I asked them a few questions about what parts they were using that justifies the prices they are charging. They didn't like those questions :)

there's another outfit doing the same thing. Davis Autosports out of VA I think. $35K for the "stage 6 package"....still riding on the twigs.

I should sell them my junk.

It's crazy...they don't seem to be rebuilding the engines or trannies and not refreshing any wiring. I just couldn't feel good charging someone that kind of money knowing a week or two down the road a bunch of electrical gremlins could come out

It's crazy...they don't seem to be rebuilding the engines or trannies and not refreshing any wiring. I just couldn't feel good charging someone that kind of money knowing a week or two down the road a bunch of electrical gremlins could come out

I agree, I couldn't either. But, even if they did all that. (Davis autosports claims to) on what planet is an xj on 35s, and stock twig axles, with a few flashy mall crawlin items worth $35k

If you put flashy 20" wheels on a bag of dog shit, someone would give $5000 for it. People are stupid.

A local lady has an old 92 French fry special. She bought a Renegade and the dealer wouldn't take it in trade. She called my wife and asked if I wanted to buy it. I gave her the NAXJA standard offer. Apparently I insulted her with my offer for a 24 year old 200k stank up family truckster

First time doing a heater core in an F150 this weekend, and its my own truck... I'm surprised I've made it 14 years without having to do one. Should be "fun".

Back