• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

you're in missouri. if it has 4 wheels and an engine, its road legal :)

well that is a goien, I am more talking about the custom build title process...it is a drawn out bitch...never again will I do one of those.

Would you trade your truck and your XJ for a 4 door JK?

no...a jk can probably do most of what your xj can do and do it more comfortably, but if you use your truck on a regular basis then it would be a major inconvenience.

unless you have money left over to buy a beater truck...if so, then i would give it a serious thought

thanks Craig...it has been quite the project...

now back to the JK discussion...is said JK LS powered? if not, its a mini van that is 4wd and convertible :D

no...a jk can probably do most of what your xj can do and do it more comfortably, but if you use your truck on a regular basis then it would be a major inconvenience.

unless you have money left over to buy a beater truck...if so, then i would give it a serious thought

his truck is a minivan that pulls a trailer occasionally.

but his truck is a nice comfortable diesel too! granted it is missing the 4wd option I believe, it is still a good truck.

No way I would give up my 8.1 XL for a JK, but I would trade straight across my 99 or 98 XJs for a built JK. But never the buggy, no one wants that pos

Would you trade your truck and your XJ for a 4 door JK?

If the deal is right, I would. I would have to be worth it.

JKs are worth a lot of money.

mac 'new ones have better motors' gyvr

If the deal is right, I would. I would have to be worth it.

JKs are worth a lot of money.

mac 'new ones have better motors' gyvr

I agree, and it will still be worth more in ten years.....Look at the prices of 15 yr old tj's it's retarded.

My truck is 10 years old and has 130k miles. It's paid for, which is nice, but all it really does is drive back and forth to work with me in it and occasionally acts like a truck.

My XJ is built how I want it and it does most everything I want it to do, but everyday the value diminishes.

I could take both of those vehicles and conceivably get into a 4 door JK with very little out of my pocket. I get a DD jeep and something I can take the kids expedition wheeling in. I lose a lot of the current offroad capability, but I'm kind of over the drive 8 hours to wheel big rocks stage of my life.

I'd rather be expedition camping with the boys towing an offroad trailer. I do have a utility trailer to make up for losing the truck bed.

But I really like my truck and I really like my jeep. Just wondering if it's worth it to consolidate since neither one of them get used the way they should.

Easy to flat tow a mildly built jeep with your RV too.

mac 'tho I haven't yet' gyvr

I lose a lot of the current offroad capability, but I'm kind of over the drive 8 hours to wheel big rocks stage of my life.

you know my thoughts.

Stock is awesome.
Stock does 90% of the stuff you want to do and it does it cheaper, better and more comfortably.

I can't say I wouldn't do it. 4 door Rubicon would definitely have me considering it, my truck just has the small V8 though.. 09 Ram 4x4 QCSB 4.7L

Outside of my clubs land that is an hour away I have to drive a minimum of 6-8 hours to do any wheeling. That's why I myself wouldn't trade my XL and buggy but would my other jeeps but no one in their right mind would trade a 20k+ JK for a street queen 4dr XJ, a stock 2dr XJ and a race/wheeler built 2dr XJ.

Back