• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Got the C10 back from the body shop and ready to install the front bumper and the trun signal/marker lamps. They matched the grill and headlight rings to the paint on the center of the wheels. The bed is still getting some extensive work done to it, but hope to have it by Thanksgiving. The front clip has a different sheen to it than the cab, but they assured be that after I washed the cab from all the dust on it that it woudl all be the same. the cab was painted a few months back and has collected plenty of shop dust. Now the fun of the rest of the interior work is next. I bought enough dynamat to do the inside..that stuff is $$$

IMG_20141031_144921_103_zps9ac46eb4.jpg

Cheese "one step closer" Man

looking good!

The cheeserod is looking great! :D

Re: Re: Important

renix gurus...just need to know what to test next.

the mj has an idle issue...it will progressively idle faster and faster as you drive it. will idle at 750 all day right after you start it. as you drive it more, the idle speeds up. thought it might be a sticky butterfly since the tb was gummy when i got it...nope. checked vaccum everywhere, but my brain says that would just be steady high idle. if you shut it off for a while, its fine again. iac is clean, but my brain thinks thats what it is...if i start it, let it settle at 750 rpm and unplug it, will this be a smart or dumb way to test if thats what it is?
Good way.

Good way.

unfortunately the idle still took off after a while. i think i have a sneaky vacuum leak somewhere. i blocked off the egr and a couple other vac ports with caps for now. i wonder if my brake booster has a crack or something in the line or the plastic inlet...

the XJ beater I bought for WF is actually a lot better than I thought it would be now I have the front clip on it...I am not sure if I want to use it as a winter beater, a thrash rig at WF or sell it and make some jack. I have a 91 that needs a new fuel pump that I gave $400 for, that may be the WF Evil Knevil thrash rig.

On the 99 I got everything together and went for a test drive and tried the 4wd...no worky...and when I looked under it I was praying I had not been "Yhoned"...it did not have a front drive shaft :shakinghead: so that is an easy enough fix.

Cheese "almost Altrocker long" Man

This weather really sucks for trying to get camper finished up. May try and squeeze it in parents garage tomorrow so I can work on it this week after work since it now gets dark at 6pm.

Back