• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Jay and Silent Bob stood in front of the convenience store...and look where it got them...

Cheese "smoochie boochie" Man

Re: Re: Important

Indy is kool. I was there last year for work and went to a brazilian steak house. Er ma gerd was that amazing!
Went to an Irish pub last night. Shepard's pie and a pint of Irish Red definitely hit the spot!

THe brazilian steakhouse was an amazing experience. I'm just glad I didn't have to pay. It was like $70 a person. Plus I got four of these traditional brazilian mix drink things at $13 a piece. Amazing what people that sold you 1/4 million dollar machines will do for ya!

Needmore rd in Dayton always makes me giggle...

mac 'like a school girl' gyvr

70b6c3fd552f865107962797946f9051.jpg

mac 'touch down Jesus' gyvr

Jay and Silent Bob stood in front of the convenience store...and look where it got them...

Cheese "smoochie boochie" Man

15 dollars little man. put that shit in my hand....

Rew'my jungle love. oh e oh e o'Ster

I knew I liked you for a reason Rew.

Cheese "Hey, try and not suck any more **cks on the way across the parking lot" Man

anyone here pull the plug on cable/sat

how is life?
do you have kids?
what is your internet options?
any info?

Im getting really sick of paying that 170 bill to watch 3 tv shows i enjoy.
i leave my house at 6am and during school i return after 10pm. not a lot of tv watching going on.
BUT
i do have a wife and kid.

haven't paid for TV in 3 or 4 years now.

network TV tuner
antenna
HTPC
I get guide/dvr/streaming stuff on the TV through HTPC. Pay nothing and enjoy uncompressed HD.

if you don't want it to suck you have to spend some money up front, but if you're at $170 a month you will recoup that investment quickly.

When we lived in town and had a decent internet connection we used Netflix and Amazon Prime only. The kids loved it, there is a huge selection of children's shows. The wife liked it until she marathoned all her shows and had to search for something else.

THe brazilian steakhouse was an amazing experience. I'm just glad I didn't have to pay. It was like $70 a person. Plus I got four of these traditional brazilian mix drink things at $13 a piece. Amazing what people that sold you 1/4 million dollar machines will do for ya!

Fogo de Chao? Worth the $70! Parmesan crusted pork is where it's at!

Internet only plus Netflix and Amazon prime. We get good OTA hd as well, I want to get a DVR setup still to be able to catch some of the network shows but I can usually find those through other means without much trouble.

I've got a Roku to handle all the streaming services, it works really well. There are other options as well though.

i pay for tv because im to lazy to keep up with more than one way to watch a show.

I was raised on no cable at all and we only had the internet for like a year back when i was like 14ish.

after i moved out i somehow convinced myself that i NEED cable in my house(i actually do need internet for school) every year im giving these jerks over 2grand *moving out at 19, that giver or take 22k dollars. meanwhile my wife and i have not seen a dentist in years because we never have any damn money.

i watch The morning news, The walking dead, and The league. and apparently sunny in Philly got canceled cuz its not on yet. but thats it. every now and then when im borded and i am just running through channels ill stop by something that interest me but the above mentioned are the only ones i make sure to watch.
now my 1year has become a big fan of mickey mouse club house and the one with the princess but i would like her to not need tv also.

so im pretty sure im going to cancel the cable and id like to do it before the walking dead gets their hooks in me with the season premier.

internet tv wise, what do you all think is the best? i have netflix and do enjoy it but they dont put out new shows until they are a year old.
i heard hulu puts out shows the next day.
not sure even what amazon prime is.

also if i cancel cable i know the price of internet goes up so i may have to shop around for internet.

We now pay too much for Dish because our only interweb option out in the county is DSL, which isn't reliable enough to stream Netflix without buffering a lot.

hashbrown countrylifeproblems

Back